How does the Rotation Bot work?

celticfrost23

I've bought a few profiles and fight classes and understand how those work, but how does the rotation bot work? Like do you click on Rotation then load a fightclass and just uncheck everything that doesnt relate to only doing a rotation? I ask because I would like to use a rotation bot to tank/heal/dps dungeons, raids, and bgs. I also cant see even the good paid fight classes being optimal rotations for raiding/pvp. Where would i find actual good profiles for that? I've looked under the rotation tab here on the forums and came up empty, maybe because im just a new user at this bot but any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Make your own. All wRotation does is put you in fight with whatever target you select and then the fightclass does the rotation. When wRobot runs normally, it picks targets, walks towards them and puts you in fight, then the rotation handles the rest. 

The general consensus amongst the people selling fightclasses is that they're meant to keep your bot running while you're afk. If you're not good enough to press 3 buttons for your PvE rotation or want to script in PvP because you've failed to git gud, you won't find much help here.

1 hour ago, Matenia said:

If you're not good enough to press 3 buttons for your PvE rotation or want to script in PvP because you've failed to git gud, you won't find much help here.

I don't think that's fair.
There are some endgame rotations in the downloads section, but they are few and far between. You may also want to mention what expansion you're playing on!

On 2/18/2019 at 1:58 AM, Matenia said:

Make your own. All wRotation does is put you in fight with whatever target you select and then the fightclass does the rotation. When wRobot runs normally, it picks targets, walks towards them and puts you in fight, then the rotation handles the rest. 

The general consensus amongst the people selling fightclasses is that they're meant to keep your bot running while you're afk. If you're not good enough to press 3 buttons for your PvE rotation or want to script in PvP because you've failed to git gud, you won't find much help here.

The whole getting good arguement on a botting forum is a little contradictory. But to stay on topic with my post, I find it hard to believe that none of the scripters making the best fight classes (I'm well aware you are one of them, I am a customer of yours, so keep that in mind) don't feel like their is a need for optimal end game rotation be it pve or pvp. It wasn't even that long ago that SBR one of the best combat routines for retail wow even made vanilla routines for end game raiding and that community was bigger than the on here until they pulled the plug.

There might be a "need" for it, but none of us have any interest in helping people cheat at endgame if they aren't good enough at the game to press a few buttons. Especially for TBC, where scripting was thankfully never rampant, I have no interest in introducing any of that. I'm an avid PvP myself, I founded AT back in 2009. I take the competitive part of the game seriously.

Getting past a few levels of a shittily designed part of the game (that makes up for maybe 10% of the game actually played and has no real effect on any relevant part of game) on a private server that forces you to start at level 1 for a game that for most people started 59 levels higher is not quite comparable to trying to best other players in direct competition - especially if you feel like you need scripts because you couldn't possibly do it manually.

On 2/20/2019 at 2:18 AM, Matenia said:

There might be a "need" for it, but none of us have any interest in helping people cheat at endgame if they aren't good enough at the game to press a few buttons. Especially for TBC, where scripting was thankfully never rampant, I have no interest in introducing any of that. I'm an avid PvP myself, I founded AT back in 2009. I take the competitive part of the game seriously.

Getting past a few levels of a shittily designed part of the game (that makes up for maybe 10% of the game actually played and has no real effect on any relevant part of game) on a private server that forces you to start at level 1 for a game that for most people started 59 levels higher is not quite comparable to trying to best other players in direct competition - especially if you feel like you need scripts because you couldn't possibly do it manually.

That's understandable, but I'd like to say that the whole "not being good enough" arguement isn't the only reason why people use rotation bots for end game. Laziness is a huge reason. Me personally increased awareness, it's not up for debate that you can pay much more attention and call out much more effectively when you aren't managing a rotation. I understand you're not about making those profiles and I respect that. Hopefully someone will come along on down the line that has interest in it.