TraceLine.TraceLineGo cache?

Zer0

Hi,

I have noticed that TraceLine.TraceLineGo doesn't update its result immediately when called repeatedly.

The best example I can give is when I try to check the LoS for a door. I go in front of a closed door, check for LoS, which returns a positive result (so, no LoS). The method takes roughly 15ms to execute. Then I open the door, but even when the door is open, TraceLine.TraceLineGo keeps returning a positive result, and seems to only update at a random time after a few seconds, sometimes minutes. I'm thinking this is a cached result because when returning wrong results, the method takes 0ms.

What exactly is going on here? Does this method have a cache? If so, is there a way to not use cached results at all?

Any insight is appreciated.

Temp fix, second check a traceline just slightly different from the original coords beyond the door.

Hopefully there is a way to clear that cache though.

2 hours ago, Zan said:

Temp fix, second check a traceline just slightly different from the original coords beyond the door.

Hopefully there is a way to clear that cache though.

Unfortunately, among the many things I've tried, I did that. I even tried to check 10 random tracelines between the ones I wanted. You know, for science. 

Even then, the results were all cached somewhere, for a time at least.