It's going to be a 3.3.5a client, so technically WRobot should work.

But you'll have to rewrite everything made for TBC to work on the WotLK client. 
It's going to be super interesting, because modding 3.3.5a is much easier than 2.4.3 (I've done the latter before to rebalance TBC, added new maps, spells, etc - it takes forever and there are basically no tools unlike 3.3.5a). But it's quite possible that if they are skilled enough, they can definitely break WRobot through Lua changes. They can also implement new anti-cheat and generally better anti-cheat in 3.3.5a.

That being said, you'll have to test it. On the bright side, the way my fightclasses are written (and Wholesome TBC as well, from what I can recall) they should work on 3.3.5a clients, even if they're made for TBC.

As Matenia said, from their website

Can I use an existing 2.4.3 client?

No. To play on our realms you'll need a 3.3.5a client with additional patches.

Can I use an existing 3.3.5a client?

Yes. To do so, simply install the launcher and proceed to click on the 'Locate the game' button. Then, select the folder where your 3.3.5a client is located. Keep in mind our patches will also convert the client to an Endless-only client, so making a backup is advised.

I'm quite surprised they would use a wotlk client for a TBC server and I'd be very curious to know what these "patches" do exactly.

As for the Wholesome TBC Fight class, I can confirm that it works on a regular wotlk client. No idea about the endless one. You should probably test it with the trial version.

10 hours ago, Zer0 said:

As Matenia said, from their website

I'm quite surprised they would use a wotlk client for a TBC server and I'd be very curious to know what these "patches" do exactly.

As for the Wholesome TBC Fight class, I can confirm that it works on a regular wotlk client. No idea about the endless one. You should probably test it with the trial version.

Generally, they edit the executable. This is what I've done to TBC to fix nameplate distance, FoV patches and iirc some specific condition Lua edits so I could use secure functions in pre-approved patches.

WoW loads every patch-*.mpq file in your Data folder. This is how you add assets to the game or overwrite existing ones. You can take the structure that exists and whichever patch loads last will overwrite every previous file. It's generally how you patch talent trees, spells, the UI, etc.

It's fairly straight forward and just DBC patching, which is what servers already use to largely validate spells anyway. So you can then extract DBC and maps (also modifiable) with the existing tools and your server will treat the spells just like the client "knows" them. Certain scripts and hacks for spells will still be required - DBC doesn't contain all the necessary info.

For maps, it'll just generate paths via a pathing library (forget what it's called, haven't worked on WoW servers in ages), so any modified map will just as the client sees it.

Tried a fresh install of Wrobot since i havent used it in about a year and still nada crashes on hitting start. Big bummer but maybe after endless launches they'll be some more interest in getting it going again . 

• 2 weeks later...