[POLL] Do you want versions of WRobot for Wow private servers?

Droidz

WRobot for private servers  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want versions of WRobot for Wow private servers?

• Yes I want (please reply at this post with the wow version or the private server name).
    • No, I don't want.
    • No answer.

• 3 weeks later...

I play feenix and other vanilla servers on and off, I'm sure I will play a cata or MoP server eventually (quit during wrath and missed two expansions entirely). I can't see it being a bad idea if it isn't a lot of hassle. I'm sure it would see some use. Digging this bot so far!
The private server community is pretty large!
thanks for this awesome product droidz
any versions you can think but a good place to start would be 1.12 // 2.4.3 // 3.x ?? there are dedicated communities to each of these builds of the game

• 7 months later...

I say NO. Why? Content we download should be designed for current version of the game, we gonna end up with profiles and plugins or other stuff that simply don't work which will only increase amount of topics with problems, bugs etc etc.

No, because profiles and fighclasses are maybe only valid for the actual version. And who should support more then one version of one file? I dont.

I think its more of a yes, just because it may make wrobot a little more money in the long run. As long as it doesn't take away from the current content bot. And yea I wouldn't worry about supporting every patch ect, just support what you play.

I say NO. Why? Content we download should be designed for current version of the game, we gonna end up with profiles and plugins or other stuff that simply don't work which will only increase amount of topics with problems, bugs etc etc.

Droidz could always keep the private servers bot/forum in a separate area on the website, or maybe even a different website entirely, that way we don't stumble across a fight class designed for TBC when we are playing current content.

All in all i think it could work, personally it isn't a big deal to me.

Well if it would be me i wouldn't go back to old versions at all and only focus on a current version, made sure that everything works etc also content uploaded by users should be verified if working properly before people could download it as there is so much stuff in download area that simply doesn't work.

Edited by GTXMike

Where should the fightclasses for the private servers come from? A bc warlocks fights complietly different from a WoTLK or Pandarian Warlock. And who will support all the little different changes that the privat-server-owner changed ?  no support for privat servers. Old WRobot-exe's may work or not.  And most of the players who plays a on privat server want save money....not the best customers if they need special support...

• 4 months later...

I would like to see a gui to create dungeon profiles before I would want to see support for older versions of the game.  It's nice that I can use your example file to code a dungeon profile, but we really need a noob friendly gui to make dungeon and raid profiles.

Old content 25 man raids are the best and safest places to bot for gold since there are no other players around to report you.  But we don't have any profiles available to farm them each week.

Got say yes because only bought it  for 3.3.5a and already started making  quest profiles / classes for it. Also wont be problem to sort out profiles, classes, and plugins download section is separated for them.

ooops  see helps if read post dates better and is there a way to make  quest profiles from a 3.3.5a zygor addon seem to do  nothing really

Edited by colderpotato