[Fight Class] Pause between casts

Loki

Hello bros and pros

So on my Atonement build (and any other casting class) I have my char spamming Smite when none of the higher priorities are avaliable.

This is obv working well and as it should.

But.

When the cast is done, there is a small 10-20 ms pause before the bot starts to cast again.

When I do it manually, I can press the cast button half a sec before the cast is finished to have it cast again exactly when fhe first cast ends.

This gives me a nice flow with no pauses at all.

I cant get the bot to do this, I want that little pause between casts gone.

I have tried with 0 timer, ive tried with 132ms timer (my cast time). Ive tried with 10ms timer in hope of the bot spamming the second cast while the first is still casting in hope of

getting it to cast the second instantly after the first finishes.

Why is the pause? Is it the time the bot needs to go through the list of priorities perhaps?

I believe the pause is to keep the bot from looping through the spells prematurely. It really doesn't affect DPS all that much (unless you're in a 10+ minute fight). I lose about 5k DPS on heroic ToT fights overall.

I don't see a way to fix it without causing even more issues though... Plus since I found a work around for items off of the GCD that 5k spread can probably be dropped a bit.

Well I accidentally refreshed and lost the results I was writing down, but at 45 FPS, I gained about 3k DPS on my frost mage fight class.

The only issue I have noticed, is that it starts casting a new spell before the old spell can travel to the mob, resulting in some missed procs. I tuned it down to 30 FPS, only ran for a few minutes so I haven't been able to see.

so with the update yesterday, i noticed the frames per second option in the fight class editor.  what is the ideal fps for melee vs caster?  I also noticed wrobot is trying to cast the same spell 3 or 4 times before it is actually successful and moves to the next spell, which it tries to cast three or four times.  not sure if i am skipping spells, but the log is cluttered with multiple casts of the same spell.

Hi,

With the new update it is possible that wrobot skip spell (this can cause problem is spell use timer).

And for fps it is the pause time when you have launched a spell or when wrobot has finish to read spells list. The time is in ms, is 1000/fps = pauseTime.

For a fps of 30 the time of pause is 1000/30 = 33 ms

And for fps it is the pause time when you have launched a spell or when wrobot has finish to read spells list. The time is in ms, is 1000/fps = pauseTime.

For a fps of 30 the time of pause is 1000/30 = 33 ms

Thanks for your reply.  I am trying to understand.  So from your example (1000/30fps), wrobot will pause 33ms before casting the next spell?  If this is true, then the higher the fps the shorter the pause will be.  This could result in missed casts or trying to cast too much.  So the ideal fps would be 1000/fps = global cooldown?

No because checking of all spell conditions and launching spell takes time (use lua conditions (injection), take more time than reading health (memory reading only)). More you have spells and conditions in your fightclass, more you need big fps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i'm having the same problem as well, even for a melee class there are pauses that make some difference to dps. I tried using real high FPS but idk if that actually makes any difference past a certain number, tried 30 to 250 (more than 250 is followed by an error, at least for me). You can see the difference when you go from 30 to 60 but then i'm not certain anymore. This program is awesome in every way, congratulations, this problem with the pauses is that it waits for the skill to be up to use it, and we would normally just flood it a bit earlier if there's any way to make it use the skills a just a bit earlier when it's still on a really low time GCD so then i think it would be fixed but i understand how complicated that can be.

Well thanks again ;)