The limit of wRobot for casual people

craine

Hello !

Firstly, if you are busy by another subject you should finish it and then go back here, because it's LONG.

Since i buy wRobot and spend some time in my first quester profiles, i realise that the bot is pretty hard to use at the begining.

Let me explain, i tried to make a quester file for my daily quest and it quickly turn from a basic quest file (with pickup, pulse, turnin) to a giant pile of RunCode that doing a specific action (just look at it)(TO ALL DEVELOPER: do not look in details if you don't wanna have a heart attack).

I'm fine with it ! Mostly because i like the way of how RunCode work but i also have some time to spend so, why not ! 

I just wonder how a casual customer that just want to have a bot to make his mage or his priest level 100 react when he see that whenever a file he download on the website fail to run and he cannot fix it himself because he don't understand anything of what is behind his file. And, if this casual customer react like "F*ck it, i will do my own quester profile because all the others find a way to f*cked up my character" he will quicky hit the limite of the possibilities for quest profiles with only the Easy profiles creator (and not using any RunCode or anything that need basics in developement).

So, i think the easy profiles creator should be more "easy". Why not make a All in one windows with a step by step guide with message box like:

"Take the quest you want then press OK" (Meanwhile, you get the id of the quest and with the "complet quest info by id" you indentify it)

"Target the Npc that give your quest then press OK" (Meanwhile, you get the NPC that give the quest and maybe later you do the same for the turnin of the quest)

"Press OK then go on the area the quest need you to" (Meanwhile, you record the path he used, so you are sure the pathfinder won't make mistakes)

"Kill/Gather/Grind (Or anything else) what you need for the quest" (Meanwhile, you record: What mob id he killed and how much. What Game object he interact with and where they were...)

"Press OK then go back on the npc to finish the quest" (Same thing, record the path back to the npc)

"Target the NPC that will Redeem you for the quest then click OK" (Get the Id of the NPC/GameObject)

"Congratulations, the quest has been recorded !"

I'm sure there is a way (exept or lore quest that switch you between expansion) to level up only with those easy recorded quest. It will be simple for new users to use the bot.

BUT, it could be awesome if some simple button like:

"New step -> record path" (Just record the path and do it when trigger, instead of go to helper tool, do the path, copy the path, put some loop because if not it go straight to the next step),

"Class helper" (a little windows that show you all class/method available and there sentences instead of searching on the website a subject that talk about it (they are so rarely) or instead of using a decompiler), 

"Test step" (the bot run only the selected step, so you don't have to unmark all the steps boxes)

Just  some simple thing like that, it save so much time when you just begin.

I understand that it's maybe too much thing to ask, it's mostly some idea that could be nice.

Let me know your opinion about the limit of wRobot for casual and the idea that could make it even better !

Ho, and forgive me for that bad english :unsure:

That sounds like me, at the beginning with WRobot. :biggrin:

Once i started working with WRobot, i learned a lot from reading, talking to developers etc.

I've looked into your profiles and you make them way too complicated, a lot of functions exist already and there's no need for RunCode. ( ofc. some "special" quests need RunCude )

But yes Indeed, the Quest Editor is horrible and that's why i have my personal one, which made a friend for me. :wub:

I asked for a improved version of the quest editor, after my first day with WRobot, but nothing really changed since then.

13 minutes ago, Runaro said:

That sounds like me, at the beginning with WRobot. :biggrin:

Once i started working with WRobot, i learned a lot from reading, talking to developers etc.

I've looked into your profiles and you make them way too complicated, a lot of functions exist already and there's no need for RunCode. ( ofc. some "special" quests need RunCude )

But yes Indeed, the Quest Editor is horrible and that's why i have my personal one, which made a friend for me. :wub:

I asked for a improved version of the quest editor, after my first day with WRobot, but nothing really changed since then.

good example is my azsuna quester profile. Not a single quest without anything custom :D because it's not doable othewise on Legion

10 hours ago, BetterSister said:

good example is my azsuna quester profile. Not a single quest without anything custom :D because it's not doable othewise on Legion

Indeed, creating a fail proof questing profile for legion, is really complicated to do.

But the Argentum Tournament dailys isn't that complex and he really should look into the different existing pulse classes. ( it's possible to create all the argentum dailys, without a single RunCode )