I got permabanned, how exactly do they spot bots?

So hello, nothing new I'm kinda used to bans but this time I want to know the mechanics behind it.

Because today i botted a bit too much a profession, then i logged off and after 5+ hours when I tried to login i saw my account was permanently banned. Well I'm asking, how do they ban a person if he is not even online? I mean did a guy see me grinding 4 hours+ straight and reported me with a ticket and they just hit the banhammer button without even checking what i was doing at that moment? Or do they have a time machine and can see what I've done in past hours? Or did the ticket guy frapsed me 4 hours and put on YT then talked to a GM? Or maybe because I was already banned 1 time for the same reason they didnt even check if I was botting and banned me immediately? Also they banned other accounts I've got, they banned "account3" (the bot), "account1","account2,"account4" (definitely not bot), but not "account5-6-7-8..."..WHY?? I mean If I was an admin and i see something like this, why would I stop the banwave to account number 4? For sure I'll look for other account with similar name.

I don't get the rule, seems like a bot is banning the bots..seems a joke.

Can someone explain me how this works?

Pretty much anything you do, anything you send, or anything you loot/pickup/mine/farm is tracked, and is searchable in the logs.

That being said, unless you're REALLY unlucky, the chances of a GM stumbling across you by blind luck and witnessing you botting are about the same as getting struck by lightning, twice...

So chances are, someone reported you, or you did something blatantly obvious and/or stupid (i.e. running around during primetime in a major traffic area screaming "LOOK AT ME!!! I BOT!!!!!!")

Yep, that about sums it up...

52 minutes ago, Hapiguy said:

I just realized this is posted under private server, so it's entirely possible they just blatantly noticed you botting.

But why I got the ban AFTER many hours I've stop botting? This confuses me..Seems like a gm picked up the ticket list and read "guy X is botting, ban him" -> "oh ok let's ban guy X". End. You get me?

2 hours ago, scripterx said:

But why I got the ban AFTER many hours I've stop botting? This confuses me..Seems like a gm picked up the ticket list and read "guy X is botting, ban him" -> "oh ok let's ban guy X". End. You get me?

Logs. Thet can see how many herbs or ores you gathered in X amount of time, how much time you spend doing that, or killing mobs. And since this is private they dont need much more proof.

10 hours ago, BetterSister said:

Could you paste the email here?

What you mean by email? The notification of my ban? I am on a private server, i just got a perma ban. First ban I got (for botting) last 4 weeks, now it's permanent. Other my account they banned got a 4 week ban aswell for botting even if i wasn't botting (maybe because they had the same account name with different number? or idk how they discovered them --plus as already said they stopped banning at 4th account, i have like 10+ all with same name--). I guess if I bot with them for a second time i get a perma ban on them too.

I always use my own rotations and profiles, no one can actually understand i'm a bot, my profile/rotations are near to flawless. In fact in bg noone ever rerported me in over months of botting. I got "spotted" only because first time i was botting 3-4 hours straight of skinning in a very small zone (100yard?), this time i was skinning an entire region, for 7 hours straight so yeah that was the problem, i recorded a very very wide path and including specific mobs in order to do a large path without grinding the same zone over and over again, but well the profile/path was ok but 7 hours straight skinning were a bit too much and too detectable. Who cares-

What I don't get is why they banned my other account that weren't even botting (actually I'm pretty sure they were offline), and they got a ban for "botting" too. And only half of my account got banned, number "5-6-7-8" and so on are still free..I don't get the rule honestly?

Maybe they checked ip of the account i've logged the same day? Even if i'm not sure I've logged 1-2-4 so I really don't know how they spotted my other accounts.

For anybody playing there: I give you some tips from my experience:

First bots I used were selfmade, they were just joining BG and pressing random key "x" at regular interval to avoid the AFK tag. Some guys tend to spam an ability like Fan of Knives, Holy Nova, Arcane Explosion and so on, but if you see someone doing a spell every x seconds forever you understand he is clearly botting and it's way too much suspicious. So what I was doing was pressing a key that could "juke" the game I was not afk, like for example Purge, Heroic Strike, Charge, Ice Lance..anything could be ok to fake the AFK system, you will get only the "I don't have a target" "Not enough rage" messages and so on, and that's all, game won't put you the AFK tag. At others' eyes you will look just standing still doing nothing ("maybe he is afk, he is at the bathroom idk" - they will think), not the best yeah, but for sure it's better than a character standing still and spamming the same abilitiy every 10 seconds clearly like a computer.

Anyway, I got banned 2x times for this (anti-afk), on accountX. First time was like 4 days I think, second time a week or more I don't remember.

Got banned for the same reason (anti-afk) on accountY aswell, for some days.

Then i started using WRobot and botting professions, mining, skinning, herbalism.

When i got banned for BOTTING (professions) on accountZ, got banned 4 weeks. Second time they got me botting, they banned PERMA accountZ, and they crossed-IP I think and they banned for botting both accountX and accountY that werent even botting that day. But they got "only" 4 weeks ban, even if they had other bans in the past (the anti-afk ban I told you before).

I think the rule is: First time you BOT: 4 weeks, second time you BOT: perma ban. Anti-afk bans or other past' bans don't matter I suppose. Usually perma bans I see are for BOT(professions) and Advertising. I don't know what is the CAP (xD) of Anti-afk bans before getting the perma, but for sure its not 2.

In few words:

AccountX: 2x bans for anti afk + 1x ban for BOT, still playable (soon)

AccountY: 1x ban for anti afk + 1x ban for BOT, still playable (soon)

AccountZ: 2x ban for BOT = PERMA ban.

These advices only apply on your private server, since GM do whatever they want, they could perma ban you on the first time etc, but i heard it's kinda the same on live server (first ban is a temp ban, second is a perma)

9 hours ago, Ryocar said:

Not everytime,

I often got Temp. ban (72Hrs) and then Perm, but a few times i got perm. ban instantly

I thought it was 6 month ban then lifetime if the ban reason is botting?

I think it depends of how bad they (staff, gms) consider an infraction in a scale from 1 to 10. For example if botting is 10 then a perma ban is obvious when u get caught, if spamming in trade "anal [Spell]" is 1, well I think u can collect like 400 bans and still play..