Gathering problem/suggestion

Hello,

When I am in flight form  ( druid ) and trying to do herbalism. In reality, I can gather the node from a few yards away that I don't have to completely land. So, sometimes, if I do not land, mobs around the node will not attack me! But since it always land, it end up engaging into a fight that may lead to death.

So is there a way to fix this? If not, I think it would be better to implement something like "Start gathering when player is X distance from the node."

It's because on a normal mount, you would not "glide" away from the node while holding x down, but the druid raven has a different behaviour. Suffering from the same problem, if you are gathering in an area where this seems to happen alot, i suggest swapping to a traditional flying mount while we wait for a fix :)

5 hours ago, Moriss said:

It's because on a normal mount, you would not "glide" away from the node while holding x down, but the druid raven has a different behaviour. Suffering from the same problem, if you are gathering in an area where this seems to happen alot, i suggest swapping to a traditional flying mount while we wait for a fix :)

But you see, going with a different mount means that I will 100% dismount every time! which leads to the same problem.

Push, this is a serious issue, dismounting as soon as in range to gather should fix those problems as you should swing onto the ore/herb afterwards and it looks super human-pro-farmer-like

edit: I'm running on the wotlk version btw, so it may be a problem that all private server versions have?

1 hour ago, Moriss said:

Push, this is a serious issue, dismounting as soon as in range to gather should fix those problems as you should swing onto the ore/herb afterwards and it looks super human-pro-farmer-like

edit: I'm running on the wotlk version btw, so it may be a problem that all private server versions have?

Druids in flight form doesn't have to dismount to gather herb. If my character touch the ground, it will aggro mobs! But if it was still like 5 yard above the ground. Mobs won't aggro because there is no path for them! 

So my problem here is that the bot "always" must "touch the ground" to gather! which results into combat with nearby mobs! And in some cases = death.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can this be a real thing please ?

Again, druid can harvest herb WITHOUT touching ground! = No combat  ( about 5 yard range from node )

but the bot has to land completely (touch ground) before starting to harvest! = Combat always if mobs around.

it can save a lot of time and a lot of headache

• 8 months later...
On 4/25/2018 at 9:53 AM, duthibaut said:

Some news for this ?

Best regards

I do not think they care for improving this bot. I have had several critical issues that may be a simple fix but never happened.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello there,

I'm looking for a simple solution to this problem, can we actually make our character jump when he is in combat if he got the fly forme buff ? i think that could work but i see no way to make him jump with the fighclass configuration :? (the basic one with xml)

Maybe we can do it in C# if someone know ?

Thanks !