Suggestons

If you have any suggestions for the Hunter Fightclass for Vanilla, please post it as a reply to this post.
I will edit the top post with current posted suggestions, so it's always up to date.

Current suggestions:
- Better Pet Food Control (I am currently making this)
- Nightelf Racial
- Add elementals to serpent sting ignore
- Additional backtracking options

Edited by Ordush

• Ordush pinned this topic
  • Ordush unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

Serpent string should be able to scan what mobs can be affected and what cannot be affected, currently not using on ghost/ghouls but Is being used on mobs that are immune elementals etc. It would also be nice if we could get an option to reapply serpent sting on multiple mobs after it expires to try to upkeep some uptime to min/max damage, especially for grinding from 50 to 60.

I feel there should be two options for backtracking, the current version and one that simply just backs up 5-10 yards, unless of course the current one can be finetuned so it has less performance issues, often it will fall off of cliffs, fall off of ramps, and it just trys to jump at the wall or run back and forth.

When feign death is triggered due to loss of agro on the pet you should enable the option to drop a trap as well since the bot usually will get agro again anyway, especially if fighting more than two mobs.

Following further on backtracking the bot does no checks whether or not your pet has left your line of sight, and will usually sit in place trying to spam skills such as "Mend pet, Intimidation, Beastial wrath." so an option to pull the pet back to the owner if pet is x% of health, or is fighting x amount of enemies would be useful if it can be implemented.

If your pet dies and humanmasterplugin is running from combat, should try to add an option to feign death and wait 1-2minutes (the wait time is since it could potentially feign on top of a mob or mob(s) and would just get back up and die)

5 hours ago, Faffywaffy said:

Serpent string should be able to scan what mobs can be affected and what cannot be affected, currently not using on ghost/ghouls but Is being used on mobs that are immune elementals etc. It would also be nice if we could get an option to reapply serpent sting on multiple mobs after it expires to try to upkeep some uptime to min/max damage, especially for grinding from 50 to 60.

I feel there should be two options for backtracking, the current version and one that simply just backs up 5-10 yards, unless of course the current one can be finetuned so it has less performance issues, often it will fall off of cliffs, fall off of ramps, and it just trys to jump at the wall or run back and forth.

When feign death is triggered due to loss of agro on the pet you should enable the option to drop a trap as well since the bot usually will get agro again anyway, especially if fighting more than two mobs.

Following further on backtracking the bot does no checks whether or not your pet has left your line of sight, and will usually sit in place trying to spam skills such as "Mend pet, Intimidation, Beastial wrath." so an option to pull the pet back to the owner if pet is x% of health, or is fighting x amount of enemies would be useful if it can be implemented.

If your pet dies and humanmasterplugin is running from combat, should try to add an option to feign death and wait 1-2minutes (the wait time is since it could potentially feign on top of a mob or mob(s) and would just get back up and die)

I will look into some of there things, however I will tell right away: there is no way I can tell if mobs are immune to serpent sting without having to make a list of all mobs in the game, I can only generalize by mob type. I seem to have forgotten elementals. Will add there.

Also there is on way I can do anything based on plugins, I don't have access to the variables.

Wrobot does not know if there is a ramp etc, so I can't make a workaround for that, I will however make mob detection, so it doesn't backtrack into those. I will give the choice of old school backtracking.

I am on a festival atm. So there features will come later ?

1 minute ago, Ordush said:

I will look into some of there things, however I will tell right away: there is no way I can tell if mobs are immune to serpent sting without having to make a list of all mobs in the game, I can only generalize by mob type. I seem to have forgotten elementals. Will add there.

Also there is on way I can do anything based on plugins, I don't have access to the variables.

Wrobot does not know if there is a ramp etc, so I can't make a workaround for that, I will however make mob detection, so it doesn't backtrack into those. I will give the choice of old school backtracking.

I am on a festival atm. So there features will come later ?

No rush Ordush, and no worries, these are merely suggestions and issues I've noticed with the bot since I babysit my characters quite a bit, even just a few things implemented will definitely increase the quality and I'm happy with that.

I also know the Wrobot API can be quite limiting, enjoy your time at the festival! I'll update if i can think of anything else constructive to add, keep up the great work!

humanmasterplugin is running from combat

Technically, for this particular feature you can. HMP sets Logging.Status to  "Running away from combat", so if you check the status for that string, you can react to it.
However, since Fight.InFight evaluates to false while running away (since you have to cancel all of wRobot's combat options), there isn't much you can do, honestly.

11 minutes ago, Matenia said:

Technically, for this particular feature you can. HMP sets Logging.Status to  "Running away from combat", so if you check the status for that string, you can react to it.
However, since Fight.InFight evaluates to false while running away (since you have to cancel all of wRobot's combat options), there isn't much you can do, honestly.

Wouldn't you still be able to trigger feign death though? waiting a few minutes may not be possible, but let's say, my setting on run away from combat is set to 60yd, when it reaches those 60yd is it possible for the FC to pulse feign death? then it just takes a little fine tuning on figuring out the distance, since mobs can slow, root, snare, or daze, at higher levels I've noticed 60 yds is usually adequate to escape, while at lower levels it may be 30-40yds depending on the situation of course.

54 minutes ago, Faffywaffy said:

Wouldn't you still be able to trigger feign death though? waiting a few minutes may not be possible, but let's say, my setting on run away from combat is set to 60yd, when it reaches those 60yd is it possible for the FC to pulse feign death? then it just takes a little fine tuning on figuring out the distance, since mobs can slow, root, snare, or daze, at higher levels I've noticed 60 yds is usually adequate to escape, while at lower levels it may be 30-40yds depending on the situation of course.

There is no setting for how far to run. The 60 yards means that it will blacklist areas where it knows mobs are around a 60 yard radius.
HMP stops running after 120 yards or whenever you drop combat. Once you drop combat, it pauses the client for a short amount of time. He could, after that, cast FD. At that point, it'd be fairly useless.

Edited by Matenia

• 1 month later...

Could you please add an option for night elves to shadowmeld during regen phase? More useful when using a cat but still.

Also, was there ever any progress made with the dropping of a trap after feign death? Not only would this help with adds but also when ganked it might give the chance to finish the mob you are on.

Just now, jusxon said:

Could you please add an option for night elves to shadowmeld during regen phase? More useful when using a cat but still.

Also, was there ever any progress made with the dropping of a trap after feign death? Not only would this help with adds but also when ganked it might give the chance to finish the mob you are on.

Traps does not really work very well in Vanilla, as soon as you enter combat they disappear.

• 7 months later...