Party healer not healing itself

KnightRyder

I've noticed my priest healer will heal the party very well according to how I have it setup in my fightclass. I have noticed an issue of it healing itself.

It seem to keep healing the party leader or the person I have it set to follow when it needs to heal itself. If I manually un-target the leader or party member, it will then heal itself. This would then make my healer go out of mana, then it cannot heal the rest of the party and end up dying.

I don't see anything in the logs that would help as it is just spam healing the same spell over and over and I've tried checking in-game options like the auto-self cast. 

Any suggestions on how to overcome this? I was thinking a macro to /cleartarget every few seconds, but I was thinking there should be an easier way.

i found it best to put each spell in twice personally, i am using my own shaman heal profile atm for 2 manning instances also you do not have to click on the healer in the settings this way

Ok,on further testing, your suggestion does seem to heal a lot. It heals a lot better now, just out of combat is the problem. Just wanted to add the log:

14:35:44 - Player Attacked by Primal Direhorn (lvl 91)
[F] 14:35:45 - Cast Shadow Word: Pain (Shadow Word: Pain)
[F] 14:35:50 - Cast Renew (Renew)
[F] 14:35:52 - Cast Heal (Heal)
[F] 14:35:59 - Cast Heal (Heal)
[F] 14:36:01 - Cast Desperate Prayer (Desperate Prayer)
[F] 14:36:03 - Cast Flash Heal (Flash Heal)
[F] 14:36:04 - Cast Flash Heal (Flash Heal)
[F] 14:36:07 - Cast Renew (Renew)
[F] 14:36:09 - Cast Shadow Word: Pain (Shadow Word: Pain)
[F] 14:36:22 - Cast Greater Heal (Greater Heal)
[F] 14:36:24 - Cast Flash Heal (Flash Heal)
[F] 14:36:26 - Cast Greater Heal (Greater Heal)
[F] 14:36:29 - Cast Greater Heal (Greater Heal)
[F] 14:36:32 - Cast Renew (Renew)
[F] 14:36:45 - Cast Greater Heal (Greater Heal)
[F] 14:36:47 - Cast Greater Heal (Greater Heal)
[F] 14:36:50 - Cast Renew (Renew)
[F] 14:36:51 - Cast Greater Heal (Greater Heal)
[F] 14:36:54 - Cast Greater Heal (Greater Heal)
[F] 14:36:58 - Cast Greater Heal (Greater Heal)
[F] 14:37:01 - Cast Greater Heal (Greater Heal)
[F] 14:37:04 - Cast Greater Heal (Greater Heal)
[F] 14:37:07 - Cast Greater Heal (Greater Heal)
[F] 14:37:10 - Cast Renew (Renew)
[F] 14:37:11 - Cast Renew (Renew)
[F] 14:37:13 - Cast Renew (Renew)
[F] 14:37:14 - Cast Renew (Renew)
[F] 14:37:15 - Cast Renew (Renew)
[F] 14:37:16 - Cast Renew (Renew)
[F] 14:37:17 - Cast Renew (Renew)
[F] 14:37:18 - Cast Renew (Renew)
[F] 14:37:20 - Cast Renew (Renew)
[F] 14:37:21 - Cast Renew (Renew)

From about "14:36:51" it was trying to heal itself, but had a party member targeted.

• 11 months later...

Hey, im having the same problem with the bot not healing itself... and i noticed that aslong as its targeting the group leader it does not change the target to heal itself it will lock on the other target and spam heals even though that target is at full health... could you take a look at this simple profile and just tell me what im doing wrong ? :P its a very simple one with only the main healing spells for disc priest.

PS. the dismounting is not working either, if you could take a look at that too it would be awesome :D

discheal.xml

i have tried to fix the healing problem, but when i activate the "healer" mode it target the other group member and heals, even if the healer have low hp, it doesnt change targets. How do i fix that ?

i have tried to fix the healing problem, but when i activate the "healer" mode it target the other group member and heals, even if the healer have low hp, it doesnt change targets. How do i fix that ?

Hello, to heal your character add normal spells ("For friends (party) = false) and deactivate spell option "Combat only".

• 2 weeks later...

it still gets stuck on the last targeted group member, although it will change to other group members when they have lower hp... but never the healer character itself.

It will heal the group but then when all have full hp, it will target the group leader and when the healer need to heal it self it wont change target but it will heal since its in the condition to heal it self when low health. but when i untarget on the healer it starts healing without targeting itself... so i tried turning off "auto self cast" ingame thinking it will help, but still it doesnt target it self.

Ok, I've added this to my spell order at the top and it seems to be ok now:   RunMacroText("/cleartarget")

Timer    900   

Not spell, is lua script   True

Cast if dead   True

Cast if mounted   True

Check if know spell, is useable and good distance   False

Check if target is in view   False

Combat only    False

im not familiar to any of the visual studio programs, but i think its time to start learning it :P ill give it a try and in meanwhile is there a premade healing priest profile made with the C# i could look at?

ps: For heal fightclass I recommand to use C# ( ) it is more powerfull.

Erm, yeah way to complicated for me to learn there. It looks simple enough as a programing language, so thanks, but no thanks.

im not familiar to any of the visual studio programs, but i think its time to start learning it :P ill give it a try and in meanwhile is there a premade healing priest profile made with the C# i could look at?

Love to see the outcome of one too.