Future of wrobot?

maraisz

Hi, 

I have been using wrobot on and off wotlk servers for a year and a bit, but was wondering if anyone knows what the future holds for wrobot.

At the moment I think it is an excellent botting program, with a few but minor issues that need plugins to fix: not buying food or drink, training in the valley of trials etc..

But does anyone know what's in store? Will wrobot eventually reach the capabilities of a program like honorbuddy for example, not in the sense that it will run on official servers but that it can confidently be left on its own without much fear of getting caught, for example bgs seem to catch a lot of people out.

Will their soon be dungeon support, what improvements are currently being worked on/features planned etc...?

Just curious, any insight would be interesting.

Thanks,

maraisz

3 hours ago, Droidz said:

Hello, 

I don't have any big change planned, but I plan to continue to improve it (with the release of Classic we lost a lot of people, but since a few weeks the forum seems to come back to life, it's nice).

Hello Droidz, I am a former Wrobot user, I always had several ideas for Wrobot (I even told you a few years ago, I don't want to create a topic just to expose my ideas, because there are very toxic people here in the forum ^^ .
Here are some ideas:

1 - Reformulation of the forum, because the template we use is outdated and there are confusing sessions with several sessions created unnecessarily.

2 - A page with the rank of all combat routines (paid and free) organized by DPS or by damage not suffered (tanks), a page with graphics and statistics.

3 - Professional and categorized videos of tutorials on how to use Wrobot (Can be hosted on Youtube placed as unlisted).

4 - Here the most important suggestion of all, I already gave some of these suggestions to Droidz years ago he told me that he didn't have time to implement. So I suggest creating a fund of donations in cash with a graph of progress of the process and goals to be achieved, so that a professional or a company is paid to carry out these implementations, Droidz would only have the job of finding these professionals and outsourcing the service.

5 - I would have other suggestions, but I expect Droidz's answer if he wants to listen ...

Droidz has long seen the Wrobot forum dead without life, without major updates, without reinventing itself, I'm a fan of your Droidz, how a guy alone managed to build such a complete program and yet being human meets our needs, answer our silly questions and etc ... But the shock is past time to build something big in Wrobot.

5 minutes ago, Garub said:

Hello Droidz, I am a former Wrobot user, I always had several ideas for Wrobot (I even told you a few years ago, I don't want to create a topic just to expose my ideas, because there are very toxic people here in the forum ^^ .
Here are some ideas:

1 - Reformulation of the forum, because the template we use is outdated and there are confusing sessions with several sessions created unnecessarily.

2 - A page with the rank of all combat routines (paid and free) organized by DPS or by damage not suffered (tanks), a page with graphics and statistics.

3 - Professional and categorized videos of tutorials on how to use Wrobot (Can be hosted on Youtube placed as unlisted).

4 - Here the most important suggestion of all, I already gave some of these suggestions to Droidz years ago he told me that he didn't have time to implement. So I suggest creating a fund of donations in cash with a graph of progress of the process and goals to be achieved, so that a professional or a company is paid to carry out these implementations, Droidz would only have the job of finding these professionals and outsourcing the service.

5 - I would have other suggestions, but I expect Droidz's answer if he wants to listen ...

Droidz has long seen the Wrobot forum dead without life, without major updates, without reinventing itself, I'm a fan of your Droidz, how a guy alone managed to build such a complete program and yet being human meets our needs, answer our silly questions and etc ... But the shock is past time to build something big in Wrobot.

I honestly think most of that is complete non-sense.
Tbh.

6 minutes ago, Ordush said:

I honestly think most of that is complete non-sense.
Tbh.

Brother, maybe you are looking through the eyes of a programmer, but Wrobot marketing needs to be in focus, or new players and new developers, these improvements would focus on product visibility. Wrobot has a 90's program face (no offense). Hear more than once from private users who don't like the Wrobot interface and other things. But ok, that is my humble opinion, it can be disagreed. ^^

1 minute ago, Garub said:

Brother, maybe you are looking through the eyes of a programmer, but Wrobot marketing needs to be in focus, or new players and new developers, these improvements would focus on product visibility. Wrobot has a 90's program face (no offense). Hear more than once from private users who don't like the Wrobot interface and other things. But ok, that is my humble opinion, it can be disagreed. ^^

Sorting fightclasses based on dps, is just silly. I mean, I would any day want utility over dps for botting.
The very best way to compare products is by review. (Yes reviews could be extended though, like adding factors instead of just 1-5 stars).

33 minutes ago, Ordush said:

Sorting fightclasses based on dps, is just silly. I mean, I would any day want utility over dps for botting.
The very best way to compare products is by review. (Yes reviews could be extended though, like adding factors instead of just 1-5 stars).

You have a good point. I hope @Droidz will watch these comments carefully.

17 hours ago, Garub said:

Honestly, I find it rather functional and clear. It would take a little cleaning (delete the old topics, move the posts in the right categories ...). In downloads it's less intuitive, but I don't know how to do it better (it's complicated compared to the number of versions of Wow supported, knowing that certain files can work on several versions). But if you have ideas or examples to show me don't hesitate.

18 hours ago, Garub said:

There's a lot more in Fightclass than DPS. But why not make a topic with the tests of all fightclasses (with a good test protocol) (but I won't do it).

18 hours ago, Garub said:

That I agree, it lacks a good tutorial.

• 5 weeks later...

I think having a subcategory of fight classes marked dps, healer, tank or misc would be good. I am the type of guy to make my own stuff, but first day using wrobot was.. Not good. 

In general the Download section is a mess, i get why it is that way and I see no easy fix. But grouping stuff by continent and pre/post cata could be a start?

Just now, freaq said:

I think having a subcategory of fight classes marked dps, healer, tank or misc would be good. I am the type of guy to make my own stuff, but first day using wrobot was.. Not good. 

In general the Download section is a mess, i get why it is that way and I see no easy fix. But grouping stuff by continent and pre/post cata could be a start?

It is already grouped by expansion and by product type. Like Fightclass, Quester etc.

12 minutes ago, Ordush said:

It is already grouped by expansion and by product type. Like Fightclass, Quester etc.

I'm well aware, but it's all over the place. In theory it should be by expansion, absolutly, but it is all over the place. There are 1-60 stuff in LK, which is usefull ofcourse, but generally speaking should belong in vanilla etc. 

Separating Paid from Free stuff would be a good start I reckon.

1 minute ago, freaq said:

I'm well aware, but it's all over the place. In theory it should be by expansion, absolutly, but it is all over the place. There are 1-60 stuff in LK, which is usefull ofcourse, but generally speaking should belong in vanilla etc. 

Separating Paid from Free stuff would be a good start I reckon.

That is because there are some people on here that are trying to make more money by adding their stuff to all channels.
That is not a bug in the forum or bad setup. It's simply the greed and misuse of some users.

Edited by Ordush

6 minutes ago, Ordush said:

That is because there are some people on here that are trying to make more money by adding their stuff to all channels.
That is not a bug in the forum or bad setup. It's simply the greed and misuse of some users.

So take action? Just using that old "well everyones doing it" bullshit is dumb as fuck. Sure you can leave it as is, but what's the point of NOT fixing it? The entire section is a cluster fuck, the UI is horrible and I could go on. But you need to start somewhere. Separating the paid and free stuff is lowhanging fruit. Add a report "not free" button to the free seciton, and if that doesn't sort it the problem is on the admins not taking action, which imho shouldn't be hard for them to do.

You have clearly been on this bots page for longer than me, this is my view of the place from a fresh "players" perspective. 

I would like @Droidz to outsource (hire a company to make the forum) the creation of a forum, because @Droidz already told me that he doesn't have time to make big changes. A Crowdfunding could be created to create improvements in Wrobot products.

Example:

1 - $ 400 == New forum
2 - $ 300 == Creating a new Wrobot layout using UX
3 - $ 500 == Optimizing and polishing the Wrobot documentation
4 - $ 300 == Creation of APIs to provide statistical information to developers.
5 - (Among other things ....)

Crowdfunding sites:
https://www.crowdfunding.com/
https://www.catarse.me/
Or a donation session can be made on the forum, informing the goals achieved.

Sites that do freelance services:
https://www.peopleperhour.com/
https://www.upwork.com/
https://www.workana.com/

That was just my suggestion, everything I said was in order to help, I hope I helped in some way, Wrobot is a project that I really like.☺️

3 hours ago, Droidz said:

It is paid software, I'll no open a fundraiser...

Show me sites that near your ideal

Forum:

https://themeforest.net/item/h2o-action-gaming-responsive-phpbb-32-theme/21290777

01_preview.__large_preview.jpg?auto=comp

https://themeforest.net/item/milk-multipurpose-responsive-phpbb-31-theme/16119149

01_preview.__large_preview.jpg?auto=comp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is an idea that I noticed in a podcast forum. A user creates the topic asking for a function to be created in the application and other users can vote on this topic if they approve or not, if they have many votes, the developer makes the implementation (obviously, if it is also possible).

ecMCV9L.png

22 hours ago, Garub said:

Here is an idea that I noticed in a podcast forum. A user creates the topic asking for a function to be created in the application and other users can vote on this topic if they approve or not, if they have many votes, the developer makes the implementation (obviously, if it is also possible).

ecMCV9L.png

You can like bug  report or post comment.

22 hours ago, Garub said:

I didn't use phpbb since more than 10 years, but it is very simple forum compared to invisionpower (used here)

On 5/9/2020 at 10:41 AM, Droidz said:

I didn't use phpbb since more than 10 years, but it is very simple forum compared to invisionpower (used here)

"You can like bug  report or post comment." - I am not the author in this post, kkkkkk.

"I didn't use phpbb since more than 10 years, but it is very simple forum compared to invisionpower (used here)" - It was just an idea of how it could be, the organization and layout more intuitive and organized.

Are we in the newest version?

On 5/9/2020 at 10:41 AM, Droidz said:

image.thumb.png.9514311a166bf7e25592bbe1774cfb49.png