Problem with GoToTask.ToPositionAndIntecractWithNpc on TBC

Hi,

I have noticed a problem recently with GoToTask.ToPositionAndIntecractWithNpc(...).

Sometimes, the bot will succesfully move to the NPC, but then fail to interact with it, despite being in interaction range.

It's very random and hard to reproduce. When that happens, GoToTask.ToPositionAndIntecractWithNpc returns false. The gossip option argument doesn't seem to make a difference. I've encountered this issue a few times on my private server, and others in the team have also encountered this issue on the Endless server. It does not happen on the WotLK expansion at all. It happens with our flightmaster plugin, but also with the quester (quests pickup for example).

Has anyone ever encountered this issue, and has any idea where it could come from?

Hi all,

I want to join to the victims of this problem. This one happening not very often. NPC window is not showing up at all (as if the bot never interacted with npc). Examples - pick up / turn in quests or discovering flight master. Even when my bot is played and I will click on npc bot refuses to pick up / turn in the quest at all. 

For me that was on TBC servers only too. 1 think I want to mention is that I tried to disable all my plugins, I am not using any addons. Tried to reset wrobot, relogger, PC... Nothing helped. 

i had this problem a few days ago, i fix it with this simple function.

public static void GoInteractwithNpc(Vector3 vector, int Npc, int GossipOption)
    {
        if (wManager.Wow.Bot.Tasks.GoToTask.ToPosition(vector))
        {
            Interact.InteractGameObject(ObjectManager.GetWoWUnitByEntry(Npc).First().GetBaseAddress);
        }
        Usefuls.SelectGossipOption(GossipOption);
    }

Hi, yes next time that you get this problem check if NPC is not blacklisted (use radar3d with option to see blacklist enabled). It is recent problem for all? only in Wotlk? you have try to put bigger interact distance?

@TheSmokie So far, it's been reported that the fix works. Thanks for that.

@Droidz I'm sure this is not a blacklist issue. I've had this issue randomly with test characters and empty profile. Unless I'm missing something, there's no way any NPC was blacklisted in those situations.
It seems to be a recent issue, I don't remember the bot having this problem before, but I could be wrong.
We have several testers working on both TBC and WotLK and the problem only has been reported with TBC. Never heard or seen that issue on WotLK.
I haven't tried to modify the interact distance. Unfortunately, the problem happens so rarely for me that it's impossible to test soundly. Also, I don't know if it helps, but when I've had this issue, I noticed the character was standing in interaction range (the NPC can be right-clicked for a gossip).
I've implemented Smokie's fix with a bool in return and now it seems to work. You can see the code here:
https://github.com/Wholesome-wRobot/Wholesome-TBC-FlightMaster/blob/master/Tools/WFMMoveInteract.cs

Hope it helps