[Documentation] WRobot api

buzzard

Hello, 

Recently joined. Tried to look first for some documentation about api/library but haven't found any(I might be blind :) )

So the question is, is there any? like description of all member in for example wManager class or robotManager...

• 3 years later...
On 9/5/2014 at 2:47 PM, Droidz said:
Hello,

Sorry but I haven't write a documentation of WRobot API for the moment.

You can found some samples in dev forum and tuto forum.

If you have problem don't hesitate to contact me to get helps.

3 Year necro but this ever get done? I can't seem to find the API documentation anywhere. All forum posts are temp solutions using ILSpy

31 minutes ago, Zephrym said:

3 Year necro but this ever get done? I can't seem to find the API documentation anywhere. All forum posts are temp solutions using ILSpy

There is no documentation available and wont be i guess.

Edited by iMod

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Why exactly is something like this not a top priority? 

Gaining more developers and interest via even a rough API is directly related to not only profit, but enjoyment and quality of the product as a whole.

Please give us a API documentation or at least allow the community to start one, but most of us are unsure how. 

Because by the time you would need to document the entire API, any developer worth his salt would've already figured it out.
I agree that some things like event-handling could be documented, but most method calls are self-explanatory.

Any developer worth his salt could also be thought by some (not myself just an example) to include api docs.

The sheer amount of questions he has answered and code examples he has written are far more work than a rough API document (or a wiki here). Self explanatory items don't need a huge amount of documentation, but other parts do. He doesn't even have to do it, but If the community if provided a wiki to start editing we sure as hell would start filling it out and brining in more people. Creating a wiki offsite/without mainpage link to it would just stagnate.

This is a prime example of teach a man to fish vs. give a man a fish.