Leveling profile adventure Horde

Still looking for 1 serious person, to complete this project with ! As it is a lot to do alone :biggrin: 

contact me via pm, before its to late !

Progress:

Updated date:

3-8-2016

Completed so far: 

1-45  Orc / Troll / Blood Elf - Done

Profile in the making:

Next will be - undead starting zones the Tauren (1-7 made)
Then the profile will continue 45-50

ETA:

Still unknown

- aiming to get the Alpha version done by end of august.

18 minutes ago, BetterSister said:

are you planning to make it free or paid or even keep it private? My next answer depends completely on this :D

It's a little bit tricky Question for 1 reason BAN

Let's make 1 thing clear, I am not here to make money, I have a well paid job, I'm here becouse i like coding, and i like the challenge coding profiles gives my brain.

I would say i would like to keep it semi private, in like a github with password on or something, so people would have to get that from me/one of the other developers, as i would hate to have used lets just say 1000 hours on a fully working profile, that 20k people would use and blizz or other server admins would start banning all the people using it.

My intention on making this profile is giving my brain something work with, AND to get my toons save to 70 on private servers, not to mention to prove to myself it can be done.

I would be up for making it some kind of "premium" wrobot profile, where in premium i mean have minimum x posts or have helped in some other way to get acces to it, as for now i have 3 people including myself this profile would be avaible to

Hope this answer your question, as you might read on the post i haven't fully desided what to do with the profile, as i first would like to get more people onboard i could discuss it with

42 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

But to get this project going, i need 1-2 people, to help testing, adding, optimize and all that other stuff

I can help with testing, but helping with creating the whole profile.. meeehh no, sry. :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

It's a little bit tricky Question for 1 reason BAN

Let's make 1 thing clear, I am not here to make money, I have a well paid job, I'm here becouse i like coding, and i like the challenge coding profiles gives my brain.

I would say i would like to keep it semi private, in like a github with password on or something, so people would have to get that from me/one of the other developers, as i would hate to have used lets just say 1000 hours on a fully working profile, that 20k people would use and blizz or other server admins would start banning all the people using it.

My intention on making this profile is giving my brain something work with, AND to get my toons save to 70 on private servers, not to mention to prove to myself it can be done.

I would be up for making it some kind of "premium" wrobot profile, where in premium i mean have minimum x posts or have helped in some other way to get acces to it, as for now i have 3 people including myself this profile would be avaible to

Hope this answer your question, as you might read on the post i haven't fully desided what to do with the profile, as i first would like to get more people onboard i could discuss it with

Out of words. Your answer is better than i would've ever expected!

Just now, Runaro said:

I can help with testing, but helping with creating the whole profile.. meh no, sry. :biggrin:

Hehe yea i know its a big task, but to be honerst i think it is a little sad no one have done this yet, as private servers getting more and more "in"

And your welcome to test the profiles, i will give you a link to a github or something like it, when I have something working done (might take a little while though)

Thanks

The thing is the forum software supports marketplace-kind-of-system (probably cost little bit which isn't a problem). I'm interested at helping with it as long as it won't be public profile. I myself am student and as you know students are poor unless born with gold spoon in ass so i'm looking for projects that can bring me little extra money

About the project. Questing profile with current bugs (walking through pack of mobs and dieing etc) creating questing profile isn't efficient way to lvlup before cataclysm. I was making wotlk alliance 13-60 but i ragequit it because the bot isn't capable of handling over 2 mobs without dieing constantly at low levels

16 minutes ago, BetterSister said:

The thing is the forum software supports marketplace-kind-of-system (probably cost little bit which isn't a problem). I'm interested at helping with it as long as it won't be public profile. I myself am student and as you know students are poor unless born with gold spoon in ass so i'm looking for projects that can bring me little extra money

About the project. Questing profile with current bugs (walking through pack of mobs and dieing etc) creating questing profile isn't efficient way to lvlup before cataclysm. I was making wotlk alliance 13-60 but i ragequit it because the bot isn't capable of handling over 2 mobs without dieing constantly at low levels

This was something i have thought a little about, the problem as you state it is that a lot of quests are simply impossible for the current bot to do as the mob spawns are to heavy.

The workaround i was thinking about:

We have to carefully only pick quests the bot is able to do, and not just do a-z, and after the bot have done all the questes we find possible in that area, we can make some havy grinding profiles to keep op with the level required to continue to the next zone or add more than 1 zone in the "staring levels (10-30)" for questing, i know this will require quite some running around and zone changes but i belive it would be the easiest way to come around it :) ?

edit:

And might make some "running" profiles from the diffent zones

- And one thing we have to remeber is that in vanilla and TBC you need the grind anyway as there simply are a lag of quest compared to the xp needed :/

As you say it yourself if we will make it private or charge money for it, it really have to be as easy as possible :)

3 minutes ago, BetterSister said:

there isn't enough quests to make it just do easy quests and rest of the time little grinding. It's gonna be 80% of grinding...

I'm not saying "only do easy quest" i say only do possible quests - so if the bot is keep dying in specific quests, we might just have to skip them, and again i reather have a bot that can do 1-70 in lets say 10-15 days playtime, with a lot of grinding, instead of having a bot that keeps running out and die, and therefore get stuck.

Im fully aware of it's not getting to be a complety questing bot, as that is simply impossible in the "harder versions" of wow

But again remember, if you have a "high" level when you reach the zone, so the mobs are green instead of neautral or even worse red, then it should be able to survive 2-3 mobs, witch makes most quest duable imo

1 minute ago, BetterSister said:

It all depends on the design. Sure it takes long to make it efficient but it should be worth it

What we really need to get the bot running is some mean a** leveling fighting profiles, as they REALLY makes the whole diffent.
I remember when i used VanillaBot on nos wow, i had a hard time duoing anything with my feral druid untill i made a crazy profile for it, where i changed form healed with dots in fights, and used the skillz in the right order, after that i did 30 + soo much easier with like 95 % less deaths. And again that was VanillaBot i have no idea if you have ever tried it, but man the bot sucked biiiig time compared to this :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just a Quick update !

Level 1-35 is done now :-) so it is slowly happening, still have some bugs to fix, and a lot of levels to make.

But as I am the only one creating the profiles att, its just going to take the time it takes :)

Eta: still unknown - aiming to get the Alpha version done by end of august.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have no clue about coding but I am down for testing things. For what its worth, I have been trying to do questing profiles on my own sometimes. I did Zangarmarsh area and Nagrand so far. That's like from 60-70. I watched it quest multiple times and the biggest issue is the difficulty of some quests and pathing that generated from Wrobot. I solved the difficulty problem by running another bot as party level 70 to help. Couldn't do anything about pathing tho. So yeah I can share what I have in hand. Its basic work though..

• 2 weeks later...