Big mining problem

stefzu8

I tried to search for this issue but couldnt find any answer so here it goes. 

This problem happens only when gathering (mining) whith flying mount, basicly what happens is that the bot is trying to land on the ore (object) and sometimes it will slide far away from the node and then it will skip it. 

I think this is caused because the bot is trying to land with X key and it will do this untill the bot doesnt move/land.

edit: also my friend told me he has the same problem with herbalism when the bot is trying to land on an uneven land. or a hill.

No i havent tried to change the mount because i dont have any other mount but i use gryphon and my friend is a druid with flight form, also yes this happens with all profiles but really depends on the zone i guess, in some zones it happens more frequently than others.

• 8 months later...
On 8/23/2016 at 6:53 PM, Droidz said:

Hello, do you have try to change mount? You get this problem with seveval profiles? This can happen, but it is very rare, and I haven't report of this problem.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but not, it's not very rare and happens all the time, no matter if I'm on a flying mount or in flying form.

It's usually accompanied by

[Farming] Still moving! - Please verify if your key binding "Sit/Move Down" is assigned.

Even though I have default key bindings on. Looks like it will then blacklist the node and after a while the farm just slows down drastically as it skips a lot of them.

8 hours ago, rinleezwins said:

Sorry to bring up an old thread but not, it's not very rare and happens all the time, no matter if I'm on a flying mount or in flying form.

It's usually accompanied by

[Farming] Still moving! - Please verify if your key binding "Sit/Move Down" is assigned.

Even though I have default key bindings on. Looks like it will then blacklist the node and after a while the farm just slows down drastically as it skips a lot of them.

Hello, try to active otpion "Use lua to move" (in advanced general settings)

7 hours ago, Droidz said:

Hello, try to active otpion "Use lua to move" (in advanced general settings)

Oh I tried that, I tried pretty much every settings I could find already. It was so frustrating that I moved to ground farming in Kalimdor and the path finding there works wonderfully. It climbs slopes I didn't even knew were climbable and avoids all obstacles, while flying in northrend is just constantly sliding away from nodes and humping walls. I thought it's a mesh issue so I tried redownloading but that didn't help.

16 hours ago, rinleezwins said:

Oh I tried that, I tried pretty much every settings I could find already. It was so frustrating that I moved to ground farming in Kalimdor and the path finding there works wonderfully. It climbs slopes I didn't even knew were climbable and avoids all obstacles, while flying in northrend is just constantly sliding away from nodes and humping walls. I thought it's a mesh issue so I tried redownloading but that didn't help.

You can also try to increment min/max latency in 'advanced general setting', do you have try to use another profile?

You can also try to increment min/max latency in 'advanced general setting', do you have try to use another profile?

Hey droidz I know in being impolite here but, could you answer me in my "questions before buying" topic? Appreciate. [emoji813]

6 hours ago, Droidz said:

I did. I was browsing other threads with gathering problems and I tried all the settings, like I already mentioned. I tried using my own profile, another profile downloaded from the forum and also converted some old gatherbuddy profiles I had laying around. They handle mining nodes equally terribly. 

I've seen you suggest someone to convert a profil to grind profile and enabling hotspots so it would use pathfinding for every node, but when I try that the bot just goes crazy and keeps flying up and down.

Just to expand on this, to give a detailed explanation on the issue: I turned on the 3d map and path to see what exactly the bot is trying to do. Most of the time, it will click and move to exactly on top of the node, then use the sit/down key(default X) and once it lands on the node, it will start mining. Every now and then, however, it will click on top of the node, but slightly off, so when it holds down the X key, it slides off the node and depending on the terrain, in most cases ends up sliding away from it. Interestingly enough, if there is a monster near the node and agros, the bot will kill the mob, and then find a new path to walk and mine the node. If there is no monster nearby, it will just stand there for a few seconds with the "You are too far away" error and then just fly away, ignoring the node.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping up the thread, im having exactly same issue as described above and it is incredibly annoying especially in zones with mining nodes mostly on hills, its skipping good 30% of them. Also its super annoying when its bumbing into something while flying and it doesnt change the path even slightly when its stuck, it just stands there for 30 seconds or more and then deciding to add the ore it was trying to reach to blacklist. The bot is working wonders while using ground mount, but with flying profiles this 2 things are making the bot really uneffective and easily to detect when people watch u hitting the tree with ur mount for 30 seconds

• 5 months later...

I'm having exactly the same issues reported here @Droidz

Is there any change about the landing distance of the gatherer Product that we may know of?

I would certainly appreciate any guidance here, it's skipping a lot of nodes, and the way it goes down to nodes and up from them is way too bottish. Some good improvements could be done here!

For reference, I've already ticked "used Lua to move", increased /MinMax latency and tried many profiles, as you suggested previously, didn't seem to help. It's happening with all of them.

Droid, Schaka and Evolgaming helped with the problem through Discord.

Seems to be related to the Randomise Path feature. Reducing its value should reduce it, and disabling it has solved it for me.

Hopefully this can help other people that have this issue!

• 2 months later...

Same issue here, i think the problem is that the bot doesn't dismount when mine reached, but when he land, so sometimes when the ground is inclined, he moves a few yards more than needed and sometimes even fell from long distance and die. Hope i helped.

• 3 weeks later...

I too have had this issue with : Obsidian Nightwing, Leywoven carpet, long forgotten, sandstone Drake, and the Sky Golem. And occasionally on my druid, but that one is a very rare occurrence.

All while using a multitude of personal profiles on the Broken shore (files in private forum)