Creating a plugin with debugging?

Hi,

I have a question around plugin creation and debugging that plugin to test whether it's working as intended.

As there is currently no bot API that I've found I don't know what to expect from the Wow.Helpers etc. and would like to run the DLL in debug with wRobot.

Is there any way to do this? Are people should outputting the helper result to log as string to test?

Cheers,

Marsbar

Hello, you can decompile wrobot's library to get the api documentation(MemoryRobot-, robotManager- & wManager in Wrobot\Bin) common decompiler are Jetbrains dotPeek, ILSpy, redgate's .net reflector & Justcompile. I also recommend to add it to reference and good extensions for VS make your life easier: ReSharper or Coderush are good extensions.

And for testing things i'll prefer to link the build to Wrobots plugins folder so you can just compile and run directly with Wrobot & output the log with "robotManager.Helpful.Logging.Write("text");". 

17 hours ago, Droidz said:

Hello,

1. In visual studio create new "Class Library" project (.NET Framework 4.0).
  2. Add references "robotManager.dll", "wManager.dll", "MemoryRobot.dll" (you can found files in folder "wrobot\bin").
  3. In the Project panel, right-click the name of your solution and then click "Add Existing Project". Select type of file *.exe and select "WRobot.exe" (if you play on private server) or file with name like "UqtfGgP.exe" (if you play on official server).
  4. In the Project panel, right-click on "WRobot.exe" (or file with name like "UqtfGgP.exe") and click on "Set as StartUp Project."
  5. Now change output directory (by sample "wrobot\plugins" if you want create plugin).
  6. Now press F5 to start debug.

You can also attach debugger to running process : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/3s68z0b3.aspx

Hi Droidz,

I attempted this however I get some exceptions being thrown both with the main visual studio way as well as the attach to a running process.

System.ExecutionEngineException was unhandled
Message: An unhandled exception of type 'System.ExecutionEngineException' occurred in authManager.dll

Any assistance would be great!

3 hours ago, Marsbar said:

Hi Droidz,

I attempted this however I get some exceptions being thrown both with the main visual studio way as well as the attach to a running process.

System.ExecutionEngineException was unhandled
Message: An unhandled exception of type 'System.ExecutionEngineException' occurred in authManager.dll

Any assistance would be great!

Wait next update