Difference between RunMacroLua and Ingame Chat?

Suspect

Hello,

i currently have a problem with the <QuestsSorted Action="RunMacroLua" NameClass="/click Button" /> in Quester. If i call it like that in my profile i get an addon error ingame. If i call it in WoW manually in the chat with /click Button i get no error. What is the difference between these two types? I am trying to click a button from an addon.

I'm looking for a simple possibility to either run a macro ingame or just press a keyboard-button ingame.

Kind regards

Hello, you can try the following examples to either run a macro or using "Keyboard" class to press a button:

Run wow macro(only work on tbc and above): open worldmap by click.xml

Press button for 2 seconds: move forward by keyboard button press.xml  Available keys to press: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.keys(v=vs.71).aspx

Edited by reapler

2 hours ago, Suspect said:

Hello @all,

this problem is resolved. Thanks for all your answers.

Kind regards

Suspect

for those who come back to this thread in the future, can you tell us how you solved it ?

• 3 years later...
10 hours ago, arcsun said:

I have a similar problem, wrobot is able to run /inv [name] but cannot use runmacrolua to run /uninvite [name] .

It's Lua.RunMacroText("/uninvite " + playerName) or Lua.LuaDoString("RunMacroText('/uninvite " +playerName + "')")