Official Legacy Wow Servers

On 3. 11. 2017 at 9:09 PM, krlitoz said:

Blizzard just announced the development of Legacy Wow Servers at the 2017 Blizzcon.

Do you plan on providing more support to the vanilla version of the bot for the official servers?

I was just about to create a thread on this.

I suspect they will use quite a bit of modern stuff in Classic. For example API / LUA. If a function get removed since Vanilla I don't pressume they will use it for classic just for the sake of remaining "pure". The thing to realize is that Classic WoW will not be the same game so a new Wrobot version will have to be created.

However, I'm keen to hear @Droidz's take on this. Will a new version of Wrobot for Classic have to be created, since (pressumably) the offsets will be all messed up? If so, how long do you estimate it will take to get the bot up and running after release? Thanks mr.D

Seminko's right. If I were to take a guess it certainly won't be using the 1.12.1 client at all. Instead it'd be a completely different game; engine wise which would feature things that the old vanilla client never had, such as x64 support, OSX support and the typical LUA & wow api changes that'd prevent cheating and, of course battle.net integration. 

There are couple of things to consider, according to a friend they have fired a separate team to work on vanilla.

It is not far fetch to believe they will check at least couple of things.

1. New updated graphics, its 2017. 4k resolution is a thing. Of course they will boost up the graphics to par.
2. Bring up to par the ability to make addons, macros and increase functionality. Right now macros like /use don't work. Ton of addons are not working because of LUA and so on.
3. Auction house needs to be upgraded. One of the best most eye poking experiences that is bothersome is the AH and its limited functionality. You can't even smart such items you need to use exact item name. AH will be completely changed.
4. If they want to stay true to their word, there will be no changes to quest places and quest availability. But will they keep the questing difficulty of some quest as it used to  be?! Because some quests can't be done at the level they are supposed to be done!
5. What about meshes and internal working?! I am sure there will be ton of optimizations to code and game.
6. WHAT ABOUT WARDEN! Warden right now is very successful with retail WoW *HONORBUDDY is RIP*. Will they manage to transfer that here too? I think so

1 hour ago, PieDealer said:

There are couple of things to consider, according to a friend they have fired a separate team to work on vanilla.

It is not far fetch to believe they will check at least couple of things.

1. New updated graphics, its 2017. 4k resolution is a thing. Of course they will boost up the graphics to par.
2. Bring up to par the ability to make addons, macros and increase functionality. Right now macros like /use don't work. Ton of addons are not working because of LUA and so on.
3. Auction house needs to be upgraded. One of the best most eye poking experiences that is bothersome is the AH and its limited functionality. You can't even smart such items you need to use exact item name. AH will be completely changed.
4. If they want to stay true to their word, there will be no changes to quest places and quest availability. But will they keep the questing difficulty of some quest as it used to  be?! Because some quests can't be done at the level they are supposed to be done!
5. What about meshes and internal working?! I am sure there will be ton of optimizations to code and game.
6. WHAT ABOUT WARDEN! Warden right now is very successful with retail WoW *HONORBUDDY is RIP*. Will they manage to transfer that here too? I think so

Talking about HB. They got update yesterday claiming it's safe and people are still getting automatically banned within 1 hour  :rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, BetterSister said:

Talking about HB. They got update yesterday claiming it's safe and people are still getting automatically banned within 1 hour  :rolleyes:

Btw, how is Wrobot doing on retail?