Northdale Warden scanning for hardware?

CocoChanel

3 hours ago, shadydealer said:

Is it maybe possible for them to force your clients to send your copy clipboard to a channel and then compare it? Somehow i made a mistake today, copying a text and it was also available in the copy clipboard of my VMs. While all characters above a certain level were banned, one VM with freshly setup accounts survived. Maybe they were too low lvl to talk (<5) at that time.

At this point in time. Anything is possible. I received some new info from @Matenia , they can literally (if they know how to) upload a virus to our systems if they wanted to. Or search for MAC, HWID, so on and so forth.

Also, which does not support your theory, my characters that survived many ban waves, were very high level. And all in the same OS, so clipboard would be the same to all. But then again, they could've been trolling me to keep me in the dark. I was the very first one to experience all of this and make it public. Some people even blamed me for doing something wrong and attacked me big times. After a few days other people started to have it. I almost feel like I was their testing object.

Also I sold an account and that one got banned immediately after sale. Ban Reason: "Profiting of Botting"! How dafuq did they know? 

PS: I obsvly refunded. Rip.

Yea very strange. But maybe your clipboard was empty.

At this point in time im pretty much out of ideas. At first it seemed that VMs were the key, but nah. Even that doesnt prevent them from seeing. Im slowly starting to think, that maybe a certain plugin of wrobot or even wrobot itself may be detected.

I literally just had a nice GM Box vacation on my lvl 39 shaman

I instantly stopped it and jumped around acting as human as possible....

Not even talking to me. Account gone. They know for sure. Problem is we don't know shit.

Okay then!!!! 

I got a disconnect on the lvl 39 shaman... logged back in, a few moments later GM BOX!

A few minutes later I got a disconnect on another high level char.... I was like OH OH!!! and yessss..... ? a few moments later GM box as well.

Been talking to another guy. He also gets disconnected everytime before they box his chars...

It wants to tell us something guys, start thinking... why the disconnect... Is it automated and they see something when we are logging back in?

Some thoughts on this:

I kept trying to think why bots would make it to level 30 before starting to get picked off, it's when both factions start to merge and bot in the same areas making it easier for GMs to group ban lots of bots based on common profiles.

I've been checking Gears_LH on reddit looking for clues to their internal systems:
https://old.reddit.com/user/Gears_LH?count=25&amp;after=t1_e2px5gx

Their notes system they use:
https://imgur.com/a/ebtnYhs

Interesting comment on their bot detection:
"You have the right to appeal via the control panel. A GM who was not involved in the original banning will review the evidence collected by banning GM. If you were not banning botting, the reviewing GM will be able to tell based on the output of the tests performed and you will be unbanned.

FYI though, our bot tests don't concern whether you're paying much attention, because we know that people zone out when they grind. Our tests are for automation, and if you were playing as you said, you would not have failed them.

Edit: Accidentally a word wrong"

They have tests such as making a mob perm evaded, untargetable, move it farther away etc. We should develop a plugin that checks for various ways these tests can occur and to ignore any mob being tested on.

People making topics for GMs to watch spots for botting:
https://old.reddit.com/r/lightshope/comments/8y9kvh/admins_please_just_watch_this_spot_for_bots/

Next plan for those really upset:
"You're both right. We process thousands of tickets. At any give time there are between 100-300 tickets pending. New tickets are constantly coming in even as we clear old tickets. Basically the number of pending tickets defines the response time."

Let's spam the report system with fresh accounts, make the number of pending reach the thousands or even have it run a stack overflow.

Further comments of interest:
"He's on my tracker for now, I watched him for about an hour last night before bed while writing code, and seemed legit. But we'll continue to monitor."

"I'm pushing leads to let me release a full breakdown of bans since launch. It's staggering."
They have new technology they don't want leaked?

"Yep, it may take a little time to get each bot, but we do, so don't fret if you see them still botting after being reported. They just don't know they are banned yet."

"Woody was banned for botting after failing a suite of tests to a conclusive standard, not for using or making a macro. I have reviewed the data collected by the banning GM and concur. The appeal has been denied, and that is the end of this. Woody is welcome to create a new account and start over just as any player is, provided he/they obey the rules of the server."

Once again they have a testing suite applied to suspicious or reported players.

"The GM team is very healthy right now, and we are planning to take on a couple more GMs before launch.

That said, tracking fish botting and seeing who is catching the fish and where, and even looking into instances to find fish bots is extremely easy.

When we talk about "receiving" we don't mean players that buy stuff on the AH. We mean direct trades or mail, and thats stuff we can check directly."

10 minutes ago, exuals said:

Some thoughts on this:

I kept trying to think why bots would make it to level 30 before starting to get picked off, it's when both factions start to merge and bot in the same areas making it easier for GMs to group ban lots of bots based on common profiles.

I've been checking Gears_LH on reddit looking for clues to their internal systems:
https://old.reddit.com/user/Gears_LH?count=25&amp;after=t1_e2px5gx

Their notes system they use:
https://imgur.com/a/ebtnYhs

Interesting comment on their bot detection:
"You have the right to appeal via the control panel. A GM who was not involved in the original banning will review the evidence collected by banning GM. If you were not banning botting, the reviewing GM will be able to tell based on the output of the tests performed and you will be unbanned.

FYI though, our bot tests don't concern whether you're paying much attention, because we know that people zone out when they grind. Our tests are for automation, and if you were playing as you said, you would not have failed them.

Edit: Accidentally a word wrong"

They have tests such as making a mob perm evaded, untargetable, move it farther away etc. We should develop a plugin that checks for various ways these tests can occur and to ignore any mob being tested on.

People making topics for GMs to watch spots for botting:
https://old.reddit.com/r/lightshope/comments/8y9kvh/admins_please_just_watch_this_spot_for_bots/

Next plan for those really upset:
"You're both right. We process thousands of tickets. At any give time there are between 100-300 tickets pending. New tickets are constantly coming in even as we clear old tickets. Basically the number of pending tickets defines the response time."

Let's spam the report system with fresh accounts, make the number of pending reach the thousands or even have it run a stack overflow.

Further comments of interest:
"He's on my tracker for now, I watched him for about an hour last night before bed while writing code, and seemed legit. But we'll continue to monitor."

"I'm pushing leads to let me release a full breakdown of bans since launch. It's staggering."
They have new technology they don't want leaked?

"Yep, it may take a little time to get each bot, but we do, so don't fret if you see them still botting after being reported. They just don't know they are banned yet."

"Woody was banned for botting after failing a suite of tests to a conclusive standard, not for using or making a macro. I have reviewed the data collected by the banning GM and concur. The appeal has been denied, and that is the end of this. Woody is welcome to create a new account and start over just as any player is, provided he/they obey the rules of the server."

Once again they have a testing suite applied to suspicious or reported players.

"The GM team is very healthy right now, and we are planning to take on a couple more GMs before launch.

That said, tracking fish botting and seeing who is catching the fish and where, and even looking into instances to find fish bots is extremely easy.

When we talk about "receiving" we don't mean players that buy stuff on the AH. We mean direct trades or mail, and thats stuff we can check directly."

Very interesting stuff. Thanks alot for your research. I watch my bots alot. And they never have been fighting against mobs that constantly evade or something like this. I could have missed it as well though.

TBH i think they stepped their game up and they detect wrobot in some weird way that it doesnt catch all people... Also, true anything below lvl 30 does not really seem to be of interest for them. Although I got mass banned on 12 low level accounts as well already.. All withing minutes. So they are not only able to detect wrobot itself, they are also able to create links between the accounts.

There is no way WRobot is detected. If you want to bypass bans, make your own profiles. And no, don't buy paid profiles with the hope that it will be better because it will be the same. I'm 99% sure that they can see our LAN. If you want to go the extra mile, make a new set of profiles when your character get banned. Droidz could also go the same route as HB and make it so your bot will not follow your path 100% but will randomize the pattern every time it's loaded up.

2 minutes ago, Bambo said:

Very interesting stuff. Thanks alot for your research. I watch my bots alot. And they never have been fighting against mobs that constantly evade or something like this. I could have missed it as well though.

TBH i think they stepped their game up and they detect wrobot in some weird way that it doesnt catch all people... Also, true anything below lvl 30 does not really seem to be of interest for them. Although I got mass banned on 12 low level accounts as well already.. All withing minutes. So they are not only able to detect wrobot itself, they are also able to create links between the accounts.

The links between accounts is their note system.

It's based on connection IP, so all accounts share the same notes. This way they make notes about the actual player and can tell if you were previously banned for botting or muted etc for follow up offences.

They don't detect wRobot, they simply have automated tests that they run on every single person reported for suspicious activity. If the tests are inconclusive (eg. user passed 4 out of 6 tests), a note is most likely added to the account and a GM will do manual follow up.

These tests are easily producible by taking your current target and moving it away 20 yards, making it perm evade, teleporting your character away 20 yards etc.

They also can do simple DB checks to get an idea of the autism involved, eg. Get a sum of all NPC kills for mob Id 4082, if over >500 this guy is clearly not questing and needs investigation.

I rewrote my fight classes from scratch and included a wide range of scenarios for handling target distance, whether we're actually doing damage, ignoring fights and using a wide range of spells plus more accurate movement such as attempt to kite a mob higher lvl than us.

I recently survived the past two waves (which seem to occur around 10am-noon EST) using private fight classes and profiles.

If you guys don't want to be banned you need to step it up a notch and adapt to your environment. It's the little things that get you reported, tag a mob someone else needs for quest and they inspect and see if your a bot, don't return a buff from a passerby, respawn twice and get killed clearly. Simple plugins fix a lot of these issues.

Just now, CocoChanel said:

There is no way WRobot is detected. If you want to bypass bans, make your own profiles. And no, don't buy paid profiles with the hope that it will be better because it will be the same. I'm 99% sure that they can see our LAN. If you want to go the extra mile, make a new set of profiles when your character get banned. Droidz could also go the same route as HB and make it so your bot will not follow your path 100% but will randomize the pattern every time it's loaded up.

1) you should know that i run private profiles, because you test mine

2) chain bans (loosing 12 accounts within the same minutes, all ported to gm box, no other chars, just my 12 chars)

3) People with different VMs still get mass banned

2 minutes ago, exuals said:

The links between accounts is their note system.

It's based on connection IP, so all accounts share the same notes. This way they make notes about the actual player and can tell if you were previously banned for botting or muted etc for follow up offences.

They don't detect wRobot, they simply have automated tests that they run on every single person reported for suspicious activity. If the tests are inconclusive (eg. user passed 4 out of 6 tests), a note is most likely added to the account and a GM will do manual follow up.

These tests are easily producible by taking your current target and moving it away 20 yards, making it perm evade, teleporting your character away 20 yards etc.

They also can do simple DB checks to get an idea of the autism involved, eg. Get a sum of all NPC kills for mob Id 4082, if over >500 this guy is clearly not questing and needs investigation.

I rewrote my fight classes from scratch and included a wide range of scenarios for handling target distance, whether we're actually doing damage, ignoring fights and using a wide range of spells plus more accurate movement such as attempt to kite a mob higher lvl than us.

I recently survived the past two waves (which seem to occur around 10am-noon EST) using private fight classes and profiles.

If you guys don't want to be banned you need to step it up a notch and adapt to your environment. It's the little things that get you reported, tag a mob someone else needs for quest and they inspect and see if your a bot, don't return a buff from a passerby, respawn twice and get killed clearly. Simple plugins fix a lot of these issues.

Doesnt explain 12 loading screens at the same time and all in GM Box at all. All 12 chars in the box were mine back then, no other chars that also didn't pass some "tests". Still appreciate your effort. Maybe you are right with the tests, but that would still mean they detect wrobot in a way ?

"These tests are easily producible by taking your current target and moving it away 20 yards, making it perm evade, teleporting your character away 20 yards etc.
"

Funny you mention that, happened on my low level warrior right before it got suspended. Not the teleport away, but my mob starting running away from me while in combat with 80% hp. 

I still stick with the VM solution. I have been running VM's, and I have not gotten mass banned since.

3 minutes ago, Bambo said:

1) you should know that i run private profiles, because you test mine

2) chain bans (loosing 12 accounts within the same minutes, all ported to gm box, no other chars, just my 12 chars)

3) People with different VMs still get mass banned

I know you run private profiles, but they have to be 100% private for you to be safe. Or droidz could just randomize the pattern a bit each time.

Just now, CocoChanel said:

I know you run private profiles, but they have to be 100% private for you to be safe. Or droidz could just randomize the pattern a bit each time.

I highly doubt they are using walking patterns to detect something. That would mean a huge amount of workload to do that for every char online.

1 minute ago, CocoChanel said:

"These tests are easily producible by taking your current target and moving it away 20 yards, making it perm evade, teleporting your character away 20 yards etc.
"

Funny you mention that, happened on my low level warrior right before it got suspended. Not the teleport away, but my mob starting running away from me while in combat with 80% hp. 

I still stick with the VM solution. I have been running VM's, and I have not gotten mass banned since.

I babysit my char's and only let them run for a 3-4 hour period unattended when their won't be EU people on.

The tests are real, it was mentioned twice by a senior GM and I've seen it happen to my character before.

Just now, Bambo said:

I highly doubt they are using walking patterns to detect something. That would mean a huge amount of workload to do that for every char online.

Not rly, if a character is at the spot x y z 15 times in 4 hours, report it.

1 minute ago, exuals said:

I babysit my char's and only let them run for a 3-4 hour period unattended when their won't be EU people on.

The tests are real, it was mentioned twice by a senior GM and I've seen it happen to my character before.

So, how do we bypass these tests? ?

Just now, Bambo said:

I agree with this, the reddit comments mentioned drop tables being too large would cause performance stress.
Plus you walk client sided, hence speedhacks, they're not monitoring walking patterns.

Honestly the best thing would be to get an Insider that we pay all together xD pretty sure they are corrupt enough, if we find the financially weakest guy, we get the info we need

But test.... they have more than just tests for sure.... I just started characters. Literally have started the bot like 3 mins ago. And they were all chain boxed... There are no tests in the starting zones, come on

1 minute ago, CocoChanel said:

Not rly, if a character is at the spot x y z 15 times in 4 hours, report it.

All AFK characters in stormwind instant banned lol.

We can bypass tests with stronger fight classes that detect when a mob suddenly teleported.

The real question is can we have the bot tell me when a GM is watching, we have full access to WoW memory set, the fact that they're there is readable in memory even if invisible.

Setup a private server, have a GM silently watch your bot, memory dump and compare to the same dump without GM logged in to find the values.
A GM is still a player and players can be detected in memory.

Lets just find the most corrupt guy of them and pay him to get all the info we need. I am serious. Those guys are as hungry for money as we are... Maybe we find a little GM that has not alot to say but knows their systems. 

"I reported a mage botting in wetlands at the lvl 27 raptors. I AFKd on the hill above the area, and after some time a GM moved the bot several times to see if it would run back in range and immediately attack the mob. You may not have "seen" the GM chat window, but you would have noticed being moved from your mob over and over. You got caught botting."

Comment from Reddit.

How I would fix = If your character or current fighting target is moved more than 10 yards, ignore your current fighting opponent, and generate a smooth path back to the profile or generate a smooth path to the mob, and do random shit like strafing, jumping or saying a message in general chat like "Lag?".

2 minutes ago, CocoChanel said:

"I reported a mage botting in wetlands at the lvl 27 raptors. I AFKd on the hill above the area, and after some time a GM moved the bot several times to see if it would run back in range and immediately attack the mob. You may not have "seen" the GM chat window, but you would have noticed being moved from your mob over and over. You got caught botting."

Comment from Reddit.

How I would fix = If your character or current fighting target is moved more than 10 yards, ignore your current fighting opponent, and generate a smooth path back to the profile or generate a smooth path to the mob, and do random shit like strafing, jumping or saying a message in general chat like "Lag?".

If they are that close to your ass already, there is not alot you can do...

And I thought K3 Botting was hard with that Flash GM xDD.. Northdale is a whole new game... Also I bet they haven been reading this thread alot... hello opponents ? we will find out at one point, trust me.