Trying to loot same mob for 5 minutes till corpse despawns

Marshalek

So I'm using Wrobot on this buggy AF server and some mobs show they have loot, but when the bot clicks to loot, there's nothing in the loot window.
The result is, Wrobot stays there clicking non-stop for 5 minutes on the same corpse, until the corpse finally despawns and Wrobot moves on to the next mob (rinse and repeat).

Obviously I will be banned with this behavior, people can tell I'm a bot from miles away.

Is there a way to prevent Wrobot from trying to loot same corpse more than 2 times?

1. Try to loot: fail
2. Try to loot: fail
3. Blacklist corpse and move on
4. Remove from blacklist after 5 minutes

@Droidz @Matenia @Andoido @Ordush for feedback

It's not a quest item like the chicken quest egg, these are mobs in a particular zone that does not have a chicken quest.
The server is just buggy, it clearly does not work as it should... but because of something so silly, wrobot breaks.

1 hour ago, Marshalek said:

I mean, isn't it obvious that if I try to loot the same mob 30 times and it doesn't work, it probably won't work the 31st time?

Did you even read my message?
I mean, nothing is "obvious" when it comes to coding. Usually it goes like this: Are you on a server with stuff is not working as intended, either you make a bug report and wait for it to be fixed, OR you fix it yourself. This can easily be fixed with a few lines of code by blacklisting already looted mobs.
Why this isn't already a part of wrobot? Because it can ALSO make your bot not loot properly if it doesn't succeed the first time. However in your situation, you'd probably benefit more from this than not.

It's egregiously dumb that Wrobot tries to loot the same mob 200 times, no matter how you look at it. If you can resolve this with a plugin,  it should be incorporated into the vanilla bot per default... I just can't fathom that I'm the first person ever to bring this issue to light?

Yes I've read your message., but I'm not very handy with coding for Wrobot, nor do I have a dev environment setup atm... is this plugin something you can create for me? You said a few lines of code should suffice...

Are you using HMP? For some reason, it seems to loot over and over. I've never had this bug with default wRobot looting and disabled the combat looting in HMP.

wManager.Events.LootingEvents.OnLootingPulse += (wUnit, args) =>
{
  wManager.wManagerSetting.AddBlackList(wUnit.Guid, 3 * 60 * 1000, true);
};

Should blacklist mobs (not sure wRobot caresa bout blacklist when looting, but w/e)

@Matenia I've disabled HMP combat loot, and now I see this in the logs after 3 failed loot attempts:

[D] 12:02:32 - [Looting] Cannot loot the target (Mob XYZ), ignore it.

So it appears Wrobot already has logic to prevent this issue, but HMP was breaking it like you said.