Today i had a costly trip to GM island.

I was running 4 clients, 4 different profiles / fight classes.  3 horde, 1 Alliance.  One bot takes a trip to GM island- 24 shaman. No worries- it's irritating, but not a bad loss.

At this point no use fighting the inevitable ban.  Have a chat to the GM, he didn't want to play around- wouldn't tell me how i was caught.  I start shutting down re-logger and other clients until the Gm says " i have banned the other 3 as well"

• 44 alli rogue
  • 40 horde spriest
  • 29 horde mage

...well shit.

Certainly looks like IP banning is a thing.  maybe the VPN users are onto something.

For those wondering- i was a little careless / rushed.  i was botting 10 acc's rotating 4 online at a time so they are active 6-8 hours a day each. mostly unattended- grinding...literally asking for it.

1 public 1-50 grind profile- custom build had a few quests scattered through.

3 more private profiles of similar build.

Going back to legion for a bit...

Indeed, look like IP banning is feasible and they are looking into it, if there is enough evidence. I guess they are first looking at the weekly or montly play time of an account. If an account is active 100 hours a week, that probably rings some alarm bells. Then they investigate for the bot-like repeative pattern. Thirdly, the check for other accounts from same IP and look into them as well and swing the ban hammer. It is rather easy and they do not even have to rely on a software detection method.

Welcome back on Legion Eeny :)

I've myself experimented the "vault" of Elysium : a room with a chair & a rat ( Rat's guild was " we know more than you think" ). i was botting multiple account, the one teleported in that room got ban 10 sec after the teleport, the other accounts few hour after that :(

botted with 5 or 6 accounts on elysium but i think vanilla wow sucks :O legion is much better or to say it simple: a different game.

legion has more cosmetics thing ... thats it. pvp wise legion sucks balls and pve? pve was never bad ... lol and yes :d its a different game :D imo its a mix of wildstar and diablo, but still a shit game.

/edit you guys shouldnt bot on elys for a few weeks ... you have to wait.

• 3 weeks later...

Never compare classic with legion please, You probably start playing this game recently but if you played the game when it was amazing before you'll notice.

3 hours ago, Smexy said:

Never compare classic with legion please, You probably start playing this game recently but if you played the game when it was amazing before you'll notice.

dont tell me what to do