When my char is walking (mounted) towards a node, it sometimes gets into combat before he gets to the node. When he is at te node, he turns around to kill the mobs he is in combat with. But sometimes those mobs are already evading and returning to their spot. Still the bot tries to attack them, following them all the way back to their spot. This doesn't only look stupid but it is also completely unnessecary. The option 'Attack before being attacked' is OFF, the advanced option 'Dont start fighting' is ON. 

How can I solve this

Yep, that option is already enabled, but I dont think it would have much effect if it was disabled, since the bot will already have dismounted before engaging the mob.

It goes like:

Bot is following your profile path
Bot detects herb/ore
Bot calculates route to the herb/ore
Bot moves towards the herb/ore it detected
Bot aggro's a mob on his way to the herb/ore, but does not engage 
Bot arrives at herb/ore
Bot dismounts (I guess to perform herbing/mining on the herb/ore)
Bot 'detects' that it is in combat, and wants to engange the mob he is in combat with. Since he is no longer mounted, the option 'ignore fights during mount' won't help I figure.
The mob has been following the char for too long, so he goes in 'Evade'-mode and runs back to its original place
Although the Floating combat text 'Leaving combat' appears, the bot still believes he has to kill that mob
Bot keeps following that mob/hitting that mob (which is useless because he's Evading) until the mob is back on his original place and he can finally kill him
Bot will run back to the herb/ore
Bot will mine/herb 

In pseudo code, the current situation would look like this:

function gatherNode() {
	if (me is in combat) {
		engage mobs
	}

gather herb/ore node
}

So all that's needed is change the IF to WHILE. It is obviously a bit more complicated than that but you get the idea:

function gatherNode() {
	while (me is in combat) {
		engage mobs
	}

gather herb/ore node
}

10 hours ago, omghixd said:

actually herbalism doesnt require you to dismount. on the other hand mining does

You actually  have to dismount for herb, only druids flight form doesn't, or at least that's how it is in wotlk version and before.

On 12.8.2017 at 7:30 AM, lonellywolf said:

You actually  have to dismount for herb, only druids flight form doesn't, or at least that's how it is in wotlk version and before.

whelp yeh i could be wrong. im on legion and well u dont have to there :P