Flying Mounts broken in TBC/WOTLK

Andoido

@Droidz you should test on Dragonblight, flying mount is literally not usable there, I can give you details for lvl 65 account with flying mount for you to test with

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I believe I've fixed it after a ton of testing.  I think it has to do with the Path finder: Wall distance setting.  That option set to higher than 1.0 fixes the problem.  Hope this helps people.

I could not get this to work. i disabled every addon (HMP, move during combat,) even the "use path finder" like droidz said, and the fucker still spirals up into the air.

so i gave up and just use a ground mount, sucks i know

There might be a way to use space bar to fly up if you get to a amount of feet close to the ground. I’ve been thinking about adding it to my person / private group channel but you’d have to hard code each and every state into the flying to make sure you don’t fly over a quest mob or fly over a herb. Idk if it’s worth putting my time into it if it only happens to a few people 

I do think it is profile related and this spiraling always happens above terrain thats difficultm e.g. if fly above ruins with lots of walls it happens - if you just put flying waypoints over plain terrain it never happens

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...