Instant ban on Project Ascension privateserver. Please help!

Linck

• Linck changed the title to Instant ban on Project Ascension privateserver. Please help!

Hello, 

At the moment you are the only one reporting this problem. Without further report there is a great chance that it is a detection of your IP (or maybe of your web browser / client wow)? Try also to change your profile/fightclass/plugin

This happens to me as well. With about 5 accounts. I was able to run the first account about 5 to 6 hours then got banned. I'm resetting my IP to see if they are banning IPs. 

On 8/8/2021 at 7:20 PM, Droidz said:

Hello, 

At the moment you are the only one reporting this problem. Without further report there is a great chance that it is a detection of your IP (or maybe of your web browser / client wow)? Try also to change your profile/fightclass/plugin

Thanks you for your fast answer.

I have tried a lot now. New client, new ip (with and without vpn), other pc, in and outside of a virtual machine, starting the wow client as another non-admin user (in hopes the client wont be able to detect the process).

The ban happens without actually using the bot, it does not have to be "attached" to the character, is enough to have the WRobots "enter-license-key-window" opened. I always had two accounts simultaniously running in diffferent setups, Most of the time, both accounts got banned almost simultaniously. exactly whenever the wrobot client was not running (not even the license key window) on one of the accounts, then that account did not get bbanned. This makes me think that they actually detect the process or the injection or whatever is going on in the background.

A side note: Project Ascension has renamed their client from "World of Warcraft" to "Ascension". It would be really nice and maybe help against detection if we do not have to rename the window to be able to use the bot.

@Linck I downloaded ProtonVPN (Free) and i am able now to run the bot at least for now. I will give you an update if it still works. Ascension does track your IP, if you log into any of your characters on their website it will show the last IP used. I logged out of all my old characters created a new account with the VPN running and so far so good. 

@raka
Yes it does track IP, but as i said, i have tried multiple IPs (about 20 accounts banned now, all with different IPs). I have botted this server for three years now, exactly knowing when and how they ban. They have just added some much much better detection with last patch, this is 100% not only IP.
I tried some with VPN, some with residential IPs, some with old, some with newly downloaded Client, some in, some outside of a VM, some on old OSs, some on newly installed OSs, and that all with 3 different PCs, of which one was never used for Ascension before. The only time accounts do not get banned is when the WRobot Software does not run.

How about we connect on Discord raka? All information we release here publicly helps other botters, but also the developers to further keep ahead of us. I sent you a dm.

• 2 weeks later...

I was also instant banned, fired up the program, got banned instantly.  There is detection for sure as I was not even able to "start" botting before seeing I was banned for botting (confirmed by a GM last week or so).  100% no doubt.  Ascension can see Wrobot somehow.

On 8/25/2021 at 11:38 PM, bigdeeps said:

Ascension's anticheat scans your tasks and if it sees wrobot.exe it'll yeet you and insta ban you so rename it

Will not work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...