Is it even possible to make a decent 5-man dungeon team?

I've been trying for hours to make a decent team by having the tank on Rotation, and the other 4 on Party, what i have most problems with is making the bot heal. Sometimes it heals, sometimes it just bugs out. I tired my own healing profiles and other people's flight here for 3.3.5 same problem usually all the time. And why does setting the healer character on "Healer" in party settings usually mess everything up?

Have anybody here done any successful 5-man botting? Please enlighten me how, this is so frustrating! :(

I tried this (healer) time ago and it wasn't working, standing still doing nothing. Only dps works in party mode, for my experiece.

Also: what about an additional button that let you automatically greed/pass on loots? ("afk, cba to do this shit " mode over 9000 )

=)

1 hour ago, scripterx said:

Also: what about an additional button that let you automatically greed/pass on loots? ("afk, cba to do this shit " mode over 9000 )

Hm, i tired to find a working auto need/greed/enchant for 3.3.5, and the only thing i found was something called Easyloot, which didn't work so good in my experince.. It would be great to have an addon like masterloot working for 3.3.5 :P

22 hours ago, kekmeup said:

Simply 3 spells, but even with or without healer bottom the healer simply looks at. :(

healer.xml

Ok i checked your file and i see why it is not casting.

What i prefer to use is the option "Combat Only" on False. Just so they top off the party also out of combat. (This is not the problem)

For the settings of your heal spells:

You are using "For friends (party)" together with "Cast spell on self" so both on true won't work. You should split them, i explain futher down.

The setting "Is buff" should be on true with friendly spells otherwise your healer won't cast.

Now to have your healer cast on party and on himself you should make 2 spells of the same with different settings.

Party:

- For friends (party) = True
- Is buff = True
- Cast spell on self = false
- Combat only = false
As condition for Party you should use a condition like:
- Target Health Percent

Self:

- For friends (party) = False
- Is buff = True
- Cast spell on = Player
- Cast spell on self = true
As condition for Self you should use a condition like:
- Health Percent

I added your healer profile
Where i adjust the Renew en Flash Heal spell

Those should work now for you healer

healer.xml

I always found healing to be borderline non functional.  In my experience, you can get a fight class profile to work well, however the second you made it directly heal a party member, all bets were off and your chances of a wrobobt crash / wow crash rose 10 fold.

Back in WoD If i ever had to urge to run dungeons i ran with classes who provide side or passive healing without needing to focus the tank.  shamans with healing rain + health stream totem, druids with the lvl 45 rest spec Etc.

If i was to run a 5 man team on 3.3.5 i would run tank + 4 ret pallys (divine storm heals) or tank + 4 enh shams (totem's).  once your team is geared it should be easy enough and faster than running with a dedicated healer.

Thanks a lot for the explanation Fableonian! :)

If i am not wrong eeny, paladin gets Divine Storm in level 60 in 3.3.5, so i got 45 levels between where i have to do something xD.

But i may try that on a cata server, 5 paladin team sounds fun.

Btw guys, to download plugins, do i need to be ranked WRobot user? Because i made this account after i forgot my password to my WRobot user forum account -,- The lost password thing doesn't work i believe.

Interesting.  I tried the settings from this setup for a Druid.  I got the Druid to cast the heal spell correctly on a party member, but the Druid will keep casting the Heal spell on itself over and over until his mana is dry.  I even DL'd the above Profile and made sure everything was the same(except the spell names of course.)  Weird.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to cast a spell only on tank?

Like "Hand of Sacrifice" when Tank is very low health, but I didn't find a "target is tank" or something like that. I know with LUA i can get the info about the roles in the LFG group, but without adding a lua code, is there a fast way to do it with normal WRobot conditions?

Thanks =)

On 1.2.2017 at 6:21 PM, scripterx said:

Like "Hand of Sacrifice" when Tank is very low health, but I didn't find a "target is tank" or something like that. I know with LUA i can get the info about the roles in the LFG group, but without adding a lua code, is there a fast way to do it with normal WRobot conditions?

Thanks =)

I haven't tested this plugin yet, but lets say you are a 5-man team and you only want the healer bot to cast the one spell on one person, then perhaps this works for this?

On 2/1/2017 at 6:21 PM, scripterx said:

Thanks =)

Simple but not the best way "Target: Focus".

Thanks guys, I will try both ways and let you know. I'm creating a Healer profile and it's absolitely amazing! Still need to check the bot becase even if it follows the tank or the group sometimes falls where there are no borders (The Nexus). Maybe I should set min range of follow like 1 yard idk.

8 hours ago, scripterx said:

Thanks guys, I will try both ways and let you know. I'm creating a Healer profile and it's absolitely amazing! Still need to check the bot becase even if it follows the tank or the group sometimes falls where there are no borders (The Nexus). Maybe I should set min range of follow like 1 yard idk.

healer profile for which class?

13 hours ago, scripterx said:

My bots did something super strange during a Nexus run yesteday, while moving to the void boss 2 of the bots headed to dragon boss, i didn't notice at first, but i stopped them and went after them, then suddenly my 2 other bots decided to keep going for cave entrance to the stone boss.. So i can only assume that when moving on those bridges in nexus sometimes the bot decides to generate a path through the whole instance to get to the tank/follower which isn't even possible, because you jump down at the stone boss.

On 7/2/2017 at 6:06 PM, Phantom said:

healer profile for which class?

Discipline Priest at the moment, I'm very close to a perfect profile, still need some fix on spells, for example

1) I'm struggling with putting Pain Suppression on Tank only, they told me to put "cast on: focus" (and put tank on focus) but I need the condition "focus health low" which doesn't exists, only "target health low", so imagine your bot targeting a mage at 10% health and putting pain suppression on focus (tank). This is not good :P.
2) I'm trying to include shadowfiend in the rotation for mana, but I can't cast it on enemies since the bot targets only friends units and there is no "cast on targettarget" or something like.
3) Struggling also with "combat only" option, I always set "false" with penance, flash heal, renew, but some spells are useless Out of Combat, like Prayer of Mending, I tried with "combat only true", doesn't work. Tried with "combat only true" + condition "me in combat true", doesn't work. Tried with "combat only false" + condition "me in combat true", doesn't work. The only way it works is putting "combat only false", but it casts it everytime even out of combat which is a huge loss of mana (and worthless spell for heal OOC)
4) The bot kida react slowly, I don't know if it's the way it works but on some pulls or boss a rotation delayed by a second, a power word shield not casting because bot was prioritizing something else can make your party wipe.
5) Need to find a condition where multiple party members are at low health, so I can cast an AoE Heal (Prayer of Healing). Or when party is "safe" so I can cast Hymn of Hope

By the way: don't bot in Nexus, dps or healer mode doesn't matter, it falls under the bridges since there are no walls and you die below, and bugs overall. Do bot only on safe dungeons "tank and spank" and similar (also some bosses with AoE on the ground, the bot will stand still and spam heals instead of moving away, so it's always better to keep an eye on the bot)

To check if current selected target is a tank you must use lua function ;)

role = UnitGroupRolesAssigned(Unit);

the Unit can be "target","player","playerName" etc role can be TANK , DAMAGER, HEALER , NONE

Soon I will put  rotation which is targeting each party members check lowest hp put tank on priority heal from the weakest to the strongest etc. But it's not possible to create such thing in the editor only pure c# can give you such powers. Pm if interested of the base of it ( only selecting the lowest hp works for now but this is a good start ;))

Yes exactly, some functions require lua/c# scripting, but my aim was creating profiles only with wrobot condition and fight class, otherwise I can just create a lua rotation/script that reacts pretty much faster and its flawless, pve talking.

• 2 weeks later...

I did some tests with the "UnitGroupRolesAssigned("party1") - for example" and was always returning "true"..my idea was putting tank on focus if it was returning "TANK" so I could throw important Cooldowns only on tank (focus) and not on random party members but no.. I need to check manually at the beginning of the istance who is the tank then put him on focus.
I don't think it returns the role assigned by the Blizzard's Random Dungeon Finder, but instead a role "decided" by the raid leader or something..I will do other tests anyway, maybe I missed something.

• 2 years later...

Hi all. Just taking my chances if there was any progress with this project regarding boting in a dungeon. i just started using wrobot and i would like to use it in FOS/POS EoT farm if it is possible. Thank you.