Botting on Kronos?

Hey everyone,

So i've heard rumors that Kronos doesn't allow VPNs on their server, and they will ban all accounts active on an IP if one gets caught botting. I've also heard that they will lock account creation on the IP you were banned on. Is there any truth to this, or is this just all people being skeptical? With the upcomming kronos 3, will there be opportunities to bot, or do they crack down really hard on it?

2 hours ago, Jensen- said:

its true, kronos doesnt allow vpn

Any experience botting there? I'm not looking to bot for profit, rather just accounts for friends that don't enjoy the early leveling process of vanilla/testing out other classes.

52 minutes ago, twin said:

Any experience botting there? I'm not looking to bot for profit, rather just accounts for friends that don't enjoy the early leveling process of vanilla/testing out other classes.

Most bots get banned on all servers, a new server has a higher chance, just run 10-20 bots instead of 1, that way at worst 19 will get banned and you will keep one, or you end up with 20 max levels :D 

11 hours ago, twin said:

if your profile will be custom made by you, it should be save, do not recomend botting 20x accs they all gonna get banned as soon as they get 1 of your accs

its same as everywhere dont bot 24/7 and you should be fine behave like a human make breaks 

I ran a couple of bots on Kronos in the past, but the LoS there is a mess. It's even more restrictive than retail. First areas are fine, but as soon as the bot enters Duskwood, you get stuck pretty frequently when the bot tries to engage mobs that are inside or behind trees. Normal players are going to spot you pretty fast. VPN is blocked, but socks proxy works just fine

• 2 weeks later...

Botting a lot when there was a kronos 2
A really high chance of a ban when in the first locations a lot of players
I used good proxies and no mass bans were. Only reports and GM
But I used another bot
Prohibit a proxy is difficult if it is not defined as a proxy so do not worry about it if you use elite IPs

7 hours ago, MausFarm said:

Botting a lot when there was a kronos 2
A really high chance of a ban when in the first locations a lot of players
I used good proxies and no mass bans were. Only reports and GM
But I used another bot
Prohibit a proxy is difficult if it is not defined as a proxy so do not worry about it if you use elite IPs

Well from my limited knowledge of networking, it's next to impossible to actually tell if someones on a VPN so I'm sure they just investigate accounts with IPs constantly switching. I'm thinking once the hype dies down I'll just run accounts on the same VPN instance until it's at a manageable level. They also have anticheat but that's for fly and speedhacks, nothing to detect bots(and I don't think they can either). How long did your bots normally last for when leveling?

10 hours ago, tonycali said:

gotta love the spawn rate on this server meh.

I gave up. I planned on rushing to 60 by hand but once the GMs lied about total players online(10k my ass, more like 2.5-3k) I lost all ambition to play. 

1 hour ago, twin said:

Well from my limited knowledge of networking, it's next to impossible to actually tell if someones on a VPN so I'm sure they just investigate accounts with IPs constantly switching. I'm thinking once the hype dies down I'll just run accounts on the same VPN instance until it's at a manageable level. They also have anticheat but that's for fly and speedhacks, nothing to detect bots(and I don't think they can either). How long did your bots normally last for when leveling?

On kronos 2? I only started early in the morning when most sleep or work or studying.
So hype was not a very strong hindrance. And I never ran bots on vanilla for longer than 5-6 hours a day. They really do not have a tool to detect bots since blizzard. But on early versions of warcraft it's easy to be a report so never afk

On 2.4.2018 at 5:19 AM, twin said:

A lot of VPNs are static IPs (or a certain range) belonging to a certain provider. You can check DNS records and IPs against a known list and block them.
With Socks5 it's much harder since anyone can just use AWS, Google Cloud, OVH, etc to pull up a VPS and use it as a proxy.

12 hours ago, Matenia said:

A lot of VPNs are static IPs (or a certain range) belonging to a certain provider. You can check DNS records and IPs against a known list and block them.
With Socks5 it's much harder since anyone can just use AWS, Google Cloud, OVH, etc to pull up a VPS and use it as a proxy.

I would be willing to bet that's exactly what they did lol, because I just had an account banned that was offline. Any recommendation on where to buy cheapish socks5 proxies? I could only find cheap HTTP proxies. 

https://github.com/dan-v/awslambdaproxy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlGa6cBLYzE

Something like that is probably your best bet. 

Maybe there's a way to do something similiar with Google Cloud or any other cloud project where you can use their servers as proxies for your applications.

Edited by Matenia