Does wrobot use internet?

Rudikuul

Hi everyone,

I'm currently on a holiday so playing WoW vanilla private server through my phones 4G.

Usually it doesn't use a lot of internet (i read), but when i used the bot (grinder profile, fightclass, plugins) i used up 1GB fairly quickly.

My gf was on the hotspot aswell so she used a part of that, but still it was a big jump.

So my question is if wrobot uses internet?

If so i'll just play manually until i get back home in 4 days before using the bot more.

Thanks in advance 

10 minutes ago, Rudikuul said:

Hi everyone,

I'm currently on a holiday so playing WoW vanilla private server through my phones 4G.

Usually it doesn't use a lot of internet (i read), but when i used the bot (grinder profile, fightclass, plugins) i used up 1GB fairly quickly.

My gf was on the hotspot aswell so she used a part of that, but still it was a big jump.

So my question is if wrobot uses internet?

If so i'll just play manually until i get back home in 4 days before using the bot more.

Thanks in advance 

It depends a lot on what plugins/profiles/fc's etc. you use.
Those that auto updates themselves, depending on how the creators have made them pings a server somewhere and compares version.

12 hours ago, Ordush said:

It depends a lot on what plugins/profiles/fc's etc. you use.
Those that auto updates themselves, depending on how the creators have made them pings a server somewhere and compares version.

just one time for each profile start, at least for the usual wRobot auto update code. I doubt it is the reason ?

I highly doubt it's the auto download. It's probably a mixture of WoW and pathfinding requests of wRobot.
But 1GB is really not a lot in today's age. Even just the shit windows sends back and forth all the time accumulates quickly. On the bright side, you should be able to run WoW even with slowed down internet. I did this frequently in school when I was playing on my laptop during class (school's internet didn't allow connections through Wow's ports, so had to improvise).

Thanks everyone for the replies

Got back from holiday now, so it's all good now
Got the sweet sweet wifi back

I did notice wrobot did use around 2MB every couple of minutes or so, idk why or how, but i refreshed my provider app and i saw it ticking down when i used wrobot, but not when it was just WoW.

Oh well, atleast i learned a little.

All is well again.
Cheers again!

17 hours ago, Rudikuul said:

Thanks everyone for the replies

Got back from holiday now, so it's all good now
Got the sweet sweet wifi back

I did notice wrobot did use around 2MB every couple of minutes or so, idk why or how, but i refreshed my provider app and i saw it ticking down when i used wrobot, but not when it was just WoW.

Oh well, atleast i learned a little.

All is well again.
Cheers again!

The pathing server needs to be updated. Without internet, the bot would run into a wall ?

15 minutes ago, Ordush said:

The pathing server needs to be updated. Without internet, the bot would run into a wall ?

And thus King Ordush shows his wisdom, once again!
But yeah, I figured as much.
Just not very nice when your running on a limited cell phone subscription ?

On 8/15/2019 at 11:55 PM, Matenia said:

I highly doubt it's the auto download. It's probably a mixture of WoW and pathfinding requests of wRobot.
But 1GB is really not a lot in today's age. Even just the shit windows sends back and forth all the time accumulates quickly. On the bright side, you should be able to run WoW even with slowed down internet. I did this frequently in school when I was playing on my laptop during class (school's internet didn't allow connections through Wow's ports, so had to improvise).

I should try this ?