Some questions about Warmane and Bans

Hi all, this morning I saw a pretty big banwave for botters. All perma.

Does anyone know how exactly they find and ban these botters? The only thing I have been doing atm is just XP and skinning mostly. Would being in a desolate place that no one ever really goes to be safe?

Also, can Warmane track which characters you mail/trade items or gold to? If so, what would be the best method to transfer stuff? And is there any other way that Warmane can tie your account to another account (such as IP address) to ban? I've seen some account names banned that I'm pretty sure are the same people.

Any other tips or best practices about avoiding bans and staying safe would also be appreciated :)

Some general tips for avoiding bans:

Use a good fight class so you don't look botty

Don't bot in crowded areas

Watch the bot as much as you can

Don't bot herb/mine since it's probably what they look for most (that's how I got banned)

Don't use the same account names

Don't use public profiles

When I got banned on my herb/miner I had traded/mailed pretty frequently with my main acc without any issues so I think they only ban the acc that got caught, but I can't say for sure.

Hello, if you bot many accounts you can avoid it with using proxy. For each account you create & log in, a seperate address should be used.

They probably have a system which tracks your ip and looking for other accounts which are linked with it on website use & in-game to find / mark you, if you bot at scale.

I guess Warmane does also log pretty everything which is useful for them(they have the expertise to do that).

To trade your gold for example you can split the amount, trade back item & maybe using middleman for a specific amount of transactions in-game if you trade really much.

But with for your current purposes you should be safe if you follow the mentioned tips from @Sundance.

One thing left to say: if you get reported by players as a bot there's a little chance to not get checked & banned or blacklisted since gms can easily prove you as a bot ;)

Lost 2 / 3 bots aswell. The toons did almost zero questing, just grinding. Both got to 70 in a few days...they were botting for 16h/day. The one that (hopefully) survived looks less "bottish" (some quest, slower progress to 70).

On 6/27/2017 at 7:35 AM, Zan said:

What profile are you using?

Nagrand.

12 hours ago, x11r6 said:

Lost 2 / 3 bots aswell. The toons did almost zero questing, just grinding. Both got to 70 in a few days...they were botting for 16h/day. The one that (hopefully) survived looks less "bottish" (some quest, slower progress to 70).

What class were your bots? When your bots were banned, did it affect any other accounts? And if it didn't, were you running a proxy or VPN? Also, where were you botting? I'm trying to bot in places where there isn't a lot of people. Maybe if the bot never gets reported the GM will never care to look at it?

Both had unique ip address. This probably saved my other accts. They were running on private proxies.

Btw they both were druids with custom classes.

Something triggers their "this could Be a bot" switch, then they check and issue bans.

There so many people flying around herbing / mining that if u even look bottish they'll end up whispering u or just reporting you because everyone and there mother knows of bots and HATES if u  bot herb / mine nodes because there is like none up because there on long respawn timer.  If u wanna get banned by all means herb / mine.

the biggest problem with mining is the way wrobot approaches the nodes. its a dead give away. i stopped mining and herbing because of it. i think the GMs on warmane rely on reports, then they flag you to be checked and will do it next time you log on. had a friend who got his bot whispered to, he logged the bot off for about a week, then logged on and started botting again and was banned in 20 mins of his log on. 

the theory if u donate you wont get banned isnt true. that ban was of a paid account.

iv been on warmane/molten/i forgot the one before that if u fallow private servers and how they merg and split alll that fun

i cant count my bans alot only way molten detects is reports and must confirm the report higher pop higher odds

they defintaly track accounts but only for so long if they keep active tabs well one of my bot accounts has a strike on it for botting use to be 2 strike rule 30/perma

if they do track ip or accounts for to long i woulda been baned alot more ... the players tho they might flag u and report u every time u log on tell u are baned

this isent uncommon at all

the way i do it is everything is my own i start with a blank bot and build as i go ... its suspect when u see 3 people farming the same spot in a circle

bot in remote locations ... areas voted bye players to be the worst to level in are good

and once at end game content be extra carful if u bot in pvp just flyhack and teleport around ull be banned ether way ... if u think ur team wont spot a bot and report it ur crazzy pvpers hate bots more than people who farm nodes u mention pqr to a pvper and hell flip they will hunt u down and report u tell the end of time once ur spoted

So no1 got there other accounts banned? i mean all of you have obviously botted on every singel account and cant say for sure, as what i can read in the thread. but i have 2 other legit accounts(100%free of boting) if i start boting on a new other account will there be a risk of them geting banned cuz they share the same ip adress even tho theyr 100% safe from boting , thats my main question as of thinking to start to bot.

On 2/7/2017 at 6:08 AM, markovian said:

iv been on warmane/molten/i forgot the one before that if u fallow private servers and how they merg and split alll that fun

i cant count my bans alot only way molten detects is reports and must confirm the report higher pop higher odds

they defintaly track accounts but only for so long if they keep active tabs well one of my bot accounts has a strike on it for botting use to be 2 strike rule 30/perma

if they do track ip or accounts for to long i woulda been baned alot more ... the players tho they might flag u and report u every time u log on tell u are baned

this isent uncommon at all

the way i do it is everything is my own i start with a blank bot and build as i go ... its suspect when u see 3 people farming the same spot in a circle

bot in remote locations ... areas voted bye players to be the worst to level in are good

and once at end game content be extra carful if u bot in pvp just flyhack and teleport around ull be banned ether way ... if u think ur team wont spot a bot and report it ur crazzy pvpers hate bots more than people who farm nodes u mention pqr to a pvper and hell flip they will hunt u down and report u tell the end of time once ur spoted

Dude..the f*ck did i just read?
It was really tought to interpret your post.

@Kekashi: even if it's safe now, nobody can't guarantee that they will start flagging by IP. Be careful with accounts you wouldn't be ok to lose.

I run 4-9 bots on warmane 24/7. I use private VPN with diffrent ip locations for every char. Every char runs from 350-650minutes before a similar break. I fishbot and run AH selling up to 4hours a day with my main account. To whitewash my farming bots I have created a guild where I keep all the botters including my main and a few irl legit playing friends, in this guild I have all tabs bought and when I play on main I usually struggle to empty the entire guildbank for mats before its filled up again. Currently gaining about 2-8k/24h gold now.

I do have a few break days every week as I work and have a family. All bots run custom fightclasses and profiles. I have been contacted by GM once because of the major golds I gain fron AH selling but since I use auctioneer and also snipe other peoples cheap auctions I have been able to avoid trouble so far. Been running this "small operation" for weeks now ?..

My best advice for a newblett botter is to use common sence, always keep things like "would i suspect this to be a bot" in your mind. Watch your bot as much as you can, and my biggest tip is; BOT like fuck on as many you want aslong as you keep the remote feature on and are able to reply whispers instantly and/or interupt bot to interact with people who follows you or grind at the same spot! Also make profiles that changes farm locations as much as once an hour and you'll be perfectly fine!!! :).. Note; second monitor for your bots while you play other games or on your main = SUPERB!!

Happy botting!

• 2 weeks later...

CAUTION

Warmane is now banning without ANY kinds of interaction/whispers/teleports/show ups! 

I¨ve given up 3accounts on purpose to verify/confirm this! There is no reason to monitor your playing besides the fact to dodge reporters, because warmane is not going to do anything you can detect with your eyes to confirm if your botting or not. 

If you use popular profiles like the ones available on these forums they will simply ban without any kind of "headsup" most likely because they know the pathing of these profiles.. 

On 7/16/2017 at 0:17 AM, eebm said:

CAUTION

Warmane is now banning without ANY kinds of interaction/whispers/teleports/show ups! 

I¨ve given up 3accounts on purpose to verify/confirm this! There is no reason to monitor your playing besides the fact to dodge reporters, because warmane is not going to do anything you can detect with your eyes to confirm if your botting or not. 

If you use popular profiles like the ones available on these forums they will simply ban without any kind of "headsup" most likely because they know the pathing of these profiles.. 

How were you banned exactly? Just out of the blue when you were looking at your bot?

5 hours ago, eebm said:

Exactly ;)

U didnt clearify a point. You are to answer yes or no XD he asked a question. Either yes thats exactly how it happened or no xD

Just out of the blue yes. They give no warrnings nor interactions, they just ban without any sight. So you can just stop watching the monitor its not gonna help ya lol

Were all three of your accounts banned at once? Or one by one? If all three were banned I assume they tied to the same IP address/email.

Also, anyone else confirm that this is happening?

Hey! 

Over the last two days. Ive had 5 accounts banned. 

4x which where questing for 10 hours a day 

1x which where farming at a hotspot. Was running 24/7 for 2 weeks. 

I would say that i made these accounts to see how fast warmane where banning and i would say that im not impressed. 

They all mailed directly to my main acc. Main acc is untouched. 

Haven't been using proxy. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19.7.2017 at 7:27 PM, pogzi87 said:

Were all three of your accounts banned at once? Or one by one? If all three were banned I assume they tied to the same IP address/email.

Also, anyone else confirm that this is happening?

Not at the same time no read the full post before asking:) i have seperate ips per wow, also be aware that if your ip gets banned on warmane, all accoibts you try to login to on the banned IP will be suspended. These accounts will work again in terms of game login once you get a clean IP, however the account will remain "Suspended" on the website and all account related settings including store, trade, services and donate will also be locked/suspended. The only way to lift this is to send email to warmane and by doing this you might end up getting the account banned unless you can convince them that you share IP with others because you live in an apartment or that you visited a friend or something blabla