Hi,

My Wrobot takes 20% of my CPU, its more usage than the game itself! Is this normal? I am trying to run multiple games and bots at the same time, thats why I wanna see if this is normal.

Edit:

Plugins : Loot during combat

Profile :Grinding / Gathering

TBC server : lowest settings.

28 minutes ago, omghixd said:

what kind of plugins do you have?

what profile are you using?

what are the advanced settings on your wow?

Sorry I should have included that in my topic.

Profile : Grinding and Gathering profiles mainly

1 hour ago, lonellywolf said:

Sorry I should have included that in my topic.

Profile : Grinding and Gathering profiles mainly

wierd. i see no reason for wrobot to use that much CPU. grinding is a specific route same with gather.

Loot During Combat.. COULD confuse the bot. but i honestly dont think thats the problem either, TBC client is definetely not the problem.

Whenever its using a lot of CPU. could u take a screenshot showing the proccesses?

2 minutes ago, omghixd said:

wierd. i see no reason for wrobot to use that much CPU. grinding is a specific route same with gather.

Loot During Combat.. COULD confuse the bot. but i honestly dont think thats the problem either, TBC client is definetely not the problem.

Whenever its using a lot of CPU. could u take a screenshot showing the proccesses?

It is constantly like that, not like it comes and goes.

pLRGviX.jpg

Just now, lonellywolf said:

It is constantly like that, not like it comes and goes.

pLRGviX.jpg

You never said you're running 3 instances xD

Thats prolly the case. if the bot/s run more than 9-10 hours a time it will essentially build up memory and possibly CPU

The fact that you have 3x Wrobots open and 3x WoW's open is the reason why your CPU is being hustled atm

Did a quick calculation. The 6x amount of programs are using approx 90,6% of your CPU. What CPU do you have?

1 minute ago, omghixd said:

You never said you're running 3 instances xD

Thats prolly the case. if the bot/s run more than 9-10 hours a time it will essentially build up memory and possibly CPU

The fact that you have 3x Wrobots open and 3x WoW's open is the reason why your CPU is being hustled atm

Did a quick calculation. The 6x amount of programs are using approx 90,6% of your CPU. What CPU do you have?

In my defense, I said I am trying to run multiple bots earlier :P They haven't been running for long, I even restarted them. I am using Intel i5-6600

1 minute ago, lonellywolf said:

In my defense, I said I am trying to run multiple bots earlier :P They haven't been running for long, I even restarted them. I am using Intel i5-6600

Alright now you see. i5 is not meant for several programs. its the perfect proccessor for gaming indeed, but not for multiple games / programs. you'd want a i7 for that.

Try to disable your fightclass/plugins and reactive one by one to check if problem is caused by one of this file.

In TBC with simple Fightclass (without plugin): Taskmgr_2017-07-13_16-51-19.png (up to 2/3% of UC in fight)

1 minute ago, Droidz said:

Try to disable your fightclass/plugins and reactive one by one to check if problem is caused by one of this file.

ohh reetings Droidz :)

29 minutes ago, omghixd said:

Alright now you see. i5 is not meant for several programs. its the perfect proccessor for gaming indeed, but not for multiple games / programs. you'd want a i7 for that.

Very true, I completely agree, also you were right. Now my CPU usage at 6% for each Bot after I restarted my computer and deleted all kind of temp files.  Thank you!

13 hours ago, lonellywolf said:

Very true, I completely agree, also you were right. Now my CPU usage at 6% for each Bot after I restarted my computer and deleted all kind of temp files.  Thank you!

Glad that it got sorted out! Sorry that i was not of good support.

1 hour ago, omghixd said:

Glad that it got sorted out! Sorry that i was not of good support.

You are actually, you said :

15 hours ago, omghixd said:

if the bot/s run more than 9-10 hours a time it will essentially build up memory and possibly CPU

so I assumed cleaning temp files and restarting will refresh its memory :P which seems to be the case.

Genarlly a biggest hog thing in wrobot is wrotatnion ^^. If you write rotation as a plugin (c# only ) and completely remove wrotation.dll file the wrobot load will be 1% max :) 3 x panda wow + 3 x wrobots with rotation autofollow scanning around all mobs etc on old athlon x2 250 and all is working quite well here. Wrotation is a hog ;)

2 hours ago, forerun said:

Genarlly a biggest hog thing in wrobot is wrotatnion ^^. If you write rotation as a plugin (c# only ) and completely remove wrotation.dll file the wrobot load will be 1% max :) 3 x panda wow + 3 x wrobots with rotation autofollow scanning around all mobs etc on old athlon x2 250 and all is working quite well here. Wrotation is a hog ;)

To clarify, you just use your own targeting logic and then basically just call your own C# fightclass yourself?

When you use XML fightclass, to lower CPU usage you can put lower value in fightclass option "Frames Per Second" (you can try 10 or less).

In the last update I tried to improve the CPU usage.

2 hours ago, Matenia said:

To clarify, you just use your own targeting logic and then basically just call your own C# fightclass yourself?

Well that depens. If you use grinder module or gathering module it has autoattack build inside. So there is no need to make targeting logic just write proper sequence of attack inside the plugin template ( make some checks if target is alive your are not mounted etc ) but this is not so diffucult. If you need to make some multibox action well - I presonally created custom addon which is doing exactly nothing ( 0% load ) and after enabling plugin with custom fighting routine I got multiboxing prupouse wrobot without that hog like fightclass thing. ( 1-2% max with auto follow , auto heal , auto shadowburn without targeting etc ... ) The next thing hogging is pathing system ( sadly ) but that is another story ;)

I already have all that, since I write my own fightclasses (including targeting). So I guess I could easily load my fightclasses as a plugin instead, to reduce load and then just delete wRotation.dll? Usually my bots are never sitting above 5% CPU load anyway, but sometimes after running it all day, it really starts building up, especially if I do a lot of shit in BGs.

Yes try yourself delete wRotation.dll put rotation into plugin and the load should go down. But there is a bug which is causing to rotation it's not working anymore ( even as a form of plugin and you need to /reload - at least for private server ) that bug is caused by pathfinding module? Idk why but if I use pathfinding module after some time the rotation is not working anymore. Without it ( like on raid or something ) the problem is not there. So ;)

You're using MoP. The client is a buggy mess for private servers. So just use this plugin to auto-fix it:

using System;
using System.Threading;
using System.Threading.Tasks;
using System.Diagnostics;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Collections;
using robotManager.Helpful;
using robotManager.Products;
using wManager.Plugin;
using wManager.Wow.Enums;
using wManager.Wow.Helpers;
using wManager.Wow.ObjectManager;

public class Main : IPlugin
{
    private Stopwatch ActionTimer;
	private bool isRunning;
	private BackgroundWorker pulseThread;

public void Initialize()
    {
		isRunning = true;
        EventsLuaWithArgs.OnEventsLuaWithArgs += Events;
        EventsLua.AttachEventLua(LuaEventsId.PLAYER_ENTER_COMBAT, m => Event_PLAYER_ENTER_COMBAT());
		EventsLua.AttachEventLua(LuaEventsId.PLAYER_LEAVE_COMBAT, m => Event_PLAYER_LEAVE_COMBAT());
        EventsLua.AttachEventLua(LuaEventsId.PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED, m => Event_PLAYER_LEAVE_COMBAT());
        Logging.Write("[LuaCombatFix] Init");
		ActionTimer = new Stopwatch();

pulseThread = new BackgroundWorker();
        pulseThread.DoWork += Pulse;
        pulseThread.RunWorkerAsync();
    }

public void Events(LuaEventsId id, List<string> args)
    {
        /*for (int i = 0; i < 11; i++)
        {
            Logging.Write(id.ToString());
            Logging.Write("\nArg" + i + " contains: " + args[i]);
        }*/
        if (id == LuaEventsId.UNIT_SPELLCAST_SENT && args[0] == "player")
        {
			Logging.WriteDebug("[LuaCombatFix] Player cast sent: " + args[1]);
            if (ObjectManager.Me.InCombat)
            {
                //Logging.WriteDebug("[LuaCombatFix] Resetting timer with time left: " + ActionTimer.ElapsedMilliseconds);
                ActionTimer.Reset();
				if(!ActionTimer.IsRunning)
				{
					ActionTimer.Start();
				}
            }
            else
            {
                ActionTimer.Reset();
                ActionTimer.Stop();
            }
        }
    }

public void Pulse(object sender, DoWorkEventArgs args)
    {
		try
        {
            while (isRunning)
            {
                if (!Products.InPause && Products.IsStarted)
                {
                    Logging.WriteDebug("[LuaCombatFix] Checking Timer with time left: " + ActionTimer.ElapsedMilliseconds);
                    if (ActionTimer.ElapsedMilliseconds >= 8000)
					{
						Logging.Write("[LuaCombatFix] Fixing Combat");
						ActionTimer.Reset();
						Lua.LuaDoString("ReloadUI()");
					}
                }
                Thread.Sleep(1000);
            }
        }
        catch (Exception ex)
        {
            Logging.Write(ex.Message);
        }
    }

public void Event_PLAYER_ENTER_COMBAT()
    {
        Logging.WriteDebug("[LuaCombatFix] Player entering combat with time left: " +ActionTimer.ElapsedMilliseconds);
        ActionTimer.Reset();
        ActionTimer.Start();
    }

public void Event_PLAYER_LEAVE_COMBAT()
    {
        Logging.WriteDebug("[LuaCombatFix] Player leaving combat with time left: " + ActionTimer.ElapsedMilliseconds);
        ActionTimer.Reset();
        ActionTimer.Stop();
    }

public void Dispose()
    {
		try 
		{
			isRunning = false;
			Logging.Write("[LuaCombatFix] Stopped");
		}
		catch (Exception ex)
        {
            Logging.Write(ex.Message);
        }
    }

public void Settings()
    {
        Logging.Write("[LuaCombatFix] No settings available");
    }
}

• 2 weeks later...

I am running multiple Wrobots, most are at 2%-6% but they keep jumping up to 20%-30% CPU usage. And they randomly go up and down! I think this means there is memory leak or something.

• 1 year later...

TBC has a bug where all objects get "stuck" in the game's objectmanager so when wRobot reads them, it builds up a really large list of players and their items etc over time. That, in turn, slows the bot down and gives you high CPU usage. Use relogger to relog every 2 hours or so and you should be fine.