Mass ban on Northdale

Over the past two days, banned a lot of accounts. Including accounts that more than two weeks did not go into the game. Write if someone has a similar problem. I do not understand where the problem is. If the problem is only with me, then maybe this is my proxy provider.

Have you had an account that was already banned before this happened ?
They have banned like 13 accounts for me atm and feels like they have it as a sport to walk true old bot ip´s or something like that.

At this point in time it is pretty obvious (though not confirmed) that Northdale Staff is able to get either your hardware id or your mac adress to track down all bots running on the same machine. Some people report that using VMs helps to hide the other bots, so you only loose all accounts inside the VM.

They also seem to log these datas and then can return to them at a later date to mass bann all accounts that have been logged in from a certain pc. 

Btw i think what they are doing is highly illegal and hurts a few data privacy laws. I am no lawyer though. Could be wrong.

7 minutes ago, Bambo said:

At this point in time it is pretty obvious (though not confirmed) that Northdale Staff is able to get either your hardware id or your mac adress to track down all bots running on the same machine. Some people report that using VMs helps to hide the other bots, so you only loose all accounts inside the VM.

They also seem to log these datas and then can return to them at a later date to mass bann all accounts that have been logged in from a certain pc. 

Btw i think what they are doing is highly illegal and hurts a few data privacy laws. I am no lawyer though. Could be wrong.

Previously, this was not. bans were only on reports. Some received mass bans only if they did not use a proxy or VPN. What is happening now on Northdale is very similar to what was on the official servers. However, I do not think that this is an equipment identifier because there were others on these machines and they are now and everything is fine with them. More similar to the fact that the lighthope team got their hands on tools for analyzing the behavior of the characters on the server side. I heard that lightshoop developers are actively involved in the development of the official classic server and I think that this is somehow connected

2 minutes ago, MausFarm said:

Previously, this was not. bans were only on reports. Some received mass bans only if they did not use a proxy or VPN. What is happening now on Northdale is very similar to what was on the official servers. However, I do not think that this is an equipment identifier because there were others on these machines and they are now and everything is fine with them. More similar to the fact that the lighthope team got their hands on tools for analyzing the behavior of the characters on the server side. I heard that lightshoop developers are actively involved in the development of the official classic server and I think that this is somehow connected

lol. where did you hear that from? xD

1 hour ago, Bambo said:

lol. where did you hear that from? xD

When I read all this turmoil going on around the release of the official classic warcraft such hints slipped in some sources. And the closing of the lightshope project was also associated with the release of the classic. Just as I remember, it was one of the leaders of the lighthope who met with a representative from Blizzard even before the official announcement.
I also want to emphasize once again that I do not claim that it is 100% true, I just said that I had heard about it.

On 1/8/2019 at 4:06 AM, Bambo said:

Northdale Staff is able to get either your hardware id or your mac adress to track down all bots running on the same machine.

I read that Hardware ID is impossible to get without external software. Not sure about mac address.  

In the northdale bans previously, people who ran more than 4 bots at a time were instantly banned.

Every botter I see I add to my friends list to see which stops going online, how long they stay online farming, where they are farming.

Some are very obviously botting, online 24 hours per day and are at level 40+, its crazy and they are still online today.

I only use VPN and serparate wow clients and I haven't experienced any bans on any character.

Could you provide more information on how many accounts were banned? how many were running at the same time? how long did they bot per day? what level did you reach before getting banned?

On 1/8/2019 at 6:05 AM, MausFarm said:

Just as I remember, it was one of the leaders of the lighthope who met with a representative from Blizzard even before the official announcement.

I don't think blizzard would meet with someone illegally utilizing their intellectual property unless it was in a courtroom.... 

• 2 weeks later...

I think there is some legitimacy to the allegation that the guys over at ND have some way to detect machines. I remember reading some stuff over at ownedcore whereby some guy had found a way to run his own code via the warden module. Or something along those lines...

That same guy also helped with security at elysium.

I don't trust them personally.

On 1/19/2019 at 10:53 PM, Leetkangaroo said:

I think there is some legitimacy to the allegation that the guys over at ND have some way to detect machines. I remember reading some stuff over at ownedcore whereby some guy had found a way to run his own code via the warden module. Or something along those lines...

That same guy also helped with security at elysium.

I don't trust them personally.

Namreeb apparently managed to execute arbitrary code through a warden module in vanilla. He never published it (iirc) becuase it could essentially make every WoW client a trojan horse.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, marse said:

image.png.fe73487a577f33640e739bf56b9453ce.png

wow they really didnt just put the reason as botting /automation? are they now detecting the bot by checking autorelease, auto orientation etc?

On 1/22/2019 at 2:11 PM, Matenia said:

Namreeb apparently managed to execute arbitrary code through a warden module in vanilla. He never published it (iirc) becuase it could essentially make every WoW client a trojan horse.

Namreeb is a loser, dont believe anything he says, he is just trying to flex.

53 minutes ago, CocoChanel said:

Namreeb is a loser, dont believe anything he says, he is just trying to flex.

He didn't say it, someone else talked about it. And the guy is an actual genius both in terms of reverse engineering the client and creating anti-cheat by reversing warden. 
I have yet to see anything from you that wasn't selling chars you mass-botted with someone elses software and the occasional highrating after PvP in this game had already been dead for years.

So... it was my mistake with the proxy. The software that I use for proxying was sometimes crash as I checked on the log files. When the crash bots software passed through my provider ip and as a result, the administration of lighthope simply blocked my ip and with it all accounts that have ever logged in with it
So be careful with this. Now I am working to firmly prohibit the connection to any wow servers, even if no software is running.