Atlantiss confirmed they used some server-side anti-cheat method

We recently pushed a major update for the handling of some movement packets, which allowed us to improve our server-side anticheat, eliminate some client freezes and lay the groundwork for some of the things we want to implement in the future.

Link: https://atlantiss.eu/news/321/the-future-of-netherwing They also announsed perm x2 xp rate (1-70) and "paid" x3 rate (1-58). Transfer from LH etc.

So this comfirms the Bambo's and other people's suspect on how they detact bot. Now the question is can we do anything to it?

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe if 10 ppl use the same profile and do a movement in the same way from x1,y1,z1 to x2,y2,z2 and you can prase packets compare them and catch the repeatable movement pattern and you have a bot detection? If you add some rounding function you can work against wrobot randomization of movement.

8 hours ago, Minikan1987 said:

old news, i confirmed this months ago! i'm an Ex GM from there and they have a home build Warden module that detects EVERYTHING

This is fake news lol.

I have been running a bot there for over a month now, no ban.
I know there are other people here on the forum (not gonna say who) doing the same, we're actually TRYING to get banned. But in a smart way. So no... it's definitely not detected...
Yes, they have active GM's and people are reporting.. anti-cheat that is detecting wrobot.. - Nope!

6 hours ago, Ordush said:

This is fake news lol.

I know there are other people here on the forum (not gonna say who) doing the same, we're actually TRYING to get banned. But in a smart way. So no... it's definitely not detected...
Yes, they have active GM's and people are reporting.. anti-cheat that is detecting wrobot.. - Nope!

Fake news? DADDY TRUMP?

17 hours ago, Ordush said:

This is fake news lol.

they might waiting for a very big ban wave?

• 2 months later...

They somehow caught my account, when I was only fishing for at most an hour every other day or so. Wrobot was used for nothing else, and I was in Terokkar north of Allerian Stronghold, so very very little traffic at the time of usage (typically around 2-3am CST). The bot playtime was often monitored too, so it wasn't left unattended.

They just have bored incel gms that will look into their own ass to find something new in their life. Only tauri can detect wrobot because they totally reversed warden ( nobody else do that before ) and only 5+ client versions can use checks to detect wrobot at all. 

I wonder if Tauri provided this to Netherwing, as Tauri had provided a great deal of assistance to Netherwing at its beginning due to how often it was crashing (server was lucky to stay up for more than a few hours).

• 4 weeks later...