Utterly frustrated

So at the moment I am thinking about asking for a refund, since I can't seem to get the bot to work right. Now I am not talking about setup or start, but instead questing or grinding.

Whatever I do there seem to be problems with the bot. I bought a fight class, which apart from some errors seems to be working great, I bought a plugin which also has some nice features, but in general though, there seems to be many things that are not working.
First of all I am frustrated with the amount of public profiles and the quality of those. I know people post them for free and I am thankful, it is just that I can't seem to level a character without babysitting it all the time. I started to create my own grinding profiles, which are more or less ok. I'd really like to quest, but had terrible results and after paying for the bot, fight classes and plugins I don't feel like spending yet more money on profiles. 

Other problems include the bot not regenerating after rezzing or fighting. Instead of sitting down and eating food / drinking mana he rushes on into the next mobs only to die (again). I had a bot trying over and over again due to not regenerating after rezzing but instead starting the fight again. Yes food was checked and the name was entered. I am at a loss. This happened in the starting area no less.

There are various other smaller problems that are tedious. The bot not selling things or having trouble. The bot not sending mail or trying to send mail again, because he tries to send quest items. The bot rezzing right in the middle of enemies only to die again. The bot attacking multiple enemies at the same time to die. The bot running into groups of enemies when going from A to B to die. Those are just a few of the problems I am encountering. i am not sure if I not setting things up the right way, but I went through most of the settings and seem to more or less have a grasp of what is going on.

In the end I just feel that this bot is not a finished product. I am aware that programing software and getting things as complex as a bot like this to work is hard, especially when you don't have a full team of programmers. That's why I made this thread. I am asking if other people had similar problems and found ways to save them. I just don't feel like spending more money and especially time on a broken product. I hope people can understand my frustration.

The bot attacking multiple enemies at the same time to die. :

There is a setting that can help with that.

Under General Settings "Max units near target: x" Try setting the value to 0.

Instead of sitting down and eating food / drinking mana he rushes on into the next mobs only to die (again).

This is likely a fight class issue, but I think you can try setting your minimum hp/mana to a higher value (like 65%). It's not a great workaround, but it solved my problem with it. You'll end up buying more water/food this way though, so that's a con.

The bot not selling things or having trouble

Can you expand on this more. Is it never selling, or is it only selling some items?

Out of everything you said, what are some ideas that you think would help improve the bot as a whole? Do you think the bot needs more support/features from plugins, or are you mostly frustrated with the things you listed above, and the other issues you've run across?

Edited by Avvi

I totally understand your frustrations but the bot as a whole is great! 

Pretty much all of the issues you're explaining can be solved (and have) by people, whether that be via a plugin, fightclass or advanced profiles. The problem is finding all of that information, a wiki doesn't exist so you need to do a lot of forum searching. Another option is raising your questions on discord.

19 hours ago, Avvi said:

First of all thank you for your reply! I found the maximum target option and it seems the bot is not dying as often anymore. Also seems that it works best with mobs that are of the same level or below. Changing the food value also helped. I am honestly not bothered by paying more for food. So thanks again.

The selling and mailing issues seem to happen because the bot tried to mail quest items, conjured items and anything else that can't be sold or mailed. So the bot would try over and over for quite some time before stopping to mail or sell altogether. I guess this can be fixed by adding the items in question to the not to mail / sell list.

In the end I think I was able to fix some of the issues and by pretty much creating my own profiles.

As for improvements, I think there are too many things you need to set and include / exclude. I know there is often the need for some tweaking with bots, but adding specific types of foods here, what to sell / mail, there and so on. It just seems there are quite a few options that could simply be excluded by the bot in itself (not the option mind you). There were other things, like the bot mailing the skinning knife or the mining pick. It is just frustrating to come back every time and the bot has been doing something weird. I hope you understand what I mean. I think by now I figured most of these things out, but it took my quite some time.
Another issue are profiles and fight classes. I don't really like to compare the two for obvious reasons, but Honorobuddy came with routine (Singular) and a full fledged set of leveling profiles, making it possible to install the bot, press start and let it run. Now I am well aware that this would probably way too much work for Droidz, but I think the bot should at least include some rudimentary grinding profiles. I know there is the Automaton option, but that too was acting strange at times. In general I think the basic bot should include some more features.

3 hours ago, Marsbar said:

I totally understand your frustrations but the bot as a whole is great! 

Pretty much all of the issues you're explaining can be solved (and have) by people, whether that be via a plugin, fightclass or advanced profiles. The problem is finding all of that information, a wiki doesn't exist so you need to do a lot of forum searching. Another option is raising your questions on discord.

I kinda got things to work by now, but it was very frustrating. I have joined the discord as well and was able to get some answers and some help. By now I got the bot working pretty adequately. I think it really was mostly profile issues and quite a bit of tweaking that was necessary. 
And I agree, I think a wiki or something would be a great place, but as said again, that would be quite a lot of effort and I can see that Droidz has other priorities.

tbh, the bot help me a lot (My friend introduce this bot to me and I started using it since last month).

So far, I have leveled like 10 accounts to around lvl 30+ (rotation, 4 account at the same time, max 6-8 hours per day) in a vanilla server, unfortunately, 4 of them got banned (mostly it`s on me, I left the bot unattended for 6 hours sometime...)

All in all, Im satisfied!

But, there is something I believe should be done:

1. A full version of tutorial for all the functions in Wrobot...

Yes, I know, there are many useful information in forums...but it`s quite scattered and not really new-comer friendly...

for example, "what does -dont start fight- mean?" there are too many settings for new comer. 

I have admitted that I spent probably longer hours on understanding the setting than on really botting when I started using WRobot.

another example, what does prospecting(product) for? I don't know it even now, LOL

2. Same concern about the available profile and fight class.

I understand some profile and fight-class are quite complicated and deserves reward. However, the free/available profiles are very broken...compared to the paid ones.

I got my several "test" accounts banned like within 24 hours with the free grinding/quester profile on a popular vanilla server, while using a paid profile, so far only few account got banned.

As for the fight class, for the XML file, it`s easy to understand them after watching Eeny`s video, however, to create a more "human-like" fight class needs C# knowledges, but I don't think we can find a full systematic introduction of that on forum.

For example, ppl asked about "how to de-activate the auto-attack when stealth" since 2013, well, same questions are raised again even this year...(I finally understand this...but it takes time to go through all the scattered pages and also outside the forum)

So far, the bot is fine, after investing some time to learn it. Yes, I was also frustrated at the beginning, but it is getting better as you learn more (if the forum can provide those information).

On 23.2.2018 at 9:12 PM, rakushasu said:

but Honorobuddy came with routine (Singular) and a full fledged set of leveling profiles

I just want to clarify, that HB community devs were on pay roll. Which means while unlike the main devs that were part of the team and did this as a full-time job, the community devs still made more money than anybody selling their fightclasses on wRobot.
But the most important factor and why I think you cannot and should not compare wRobot to HB in particular is that HB never had to deal with something as hard and unforgiving as vanilla or TBC. It came around in WotLK and at a time during which the game had already been utterly casualized. Botting WotLK, while still somewhat close to vanilla, is piss easy. It doesn't require as much fine-tuning in terms of questing, there are WAAAAY enough quests around that you can even pick and choose which ones to do and you don't need any complicated combat routines either, because simple shit is all you need. Especially with heirlooms.

The only thing that really bothers me about wRobot is the bad pathfinding. If Droidz could just implement it to use the Elysium/LH mmaps for vanilla and have something like https://github.com/BosslandGmbH/Honorbuddy-Quest-Behaviors/blob/master/Quest Behaviors/Hooks/Avoid.cs for avoiding enemies (all my attempts at using the current API to do this have failed, the AvoidIt plugin is also not working that well, unfortunately). 

Edited by Matenia

I was kinda whiny time ago, specially for the lack of documentation about what does "this thing" do and what does "the other", I myself spent more time testing features and trying to understand the behaviour, than botting overall. But think about that, right now it's kinda easy to create profiles and stuff once you learned what to press, but imagine having a product 100% "noob-friendly", it would not last long, this robot was (and still is) one of the strongest talking about server detection,

About making a human like fight class, for sure you can implement C# but imho you will never obtain a perfect rotation, my suggestion is yes, implement as many features as you can to protect your bot and not look like a machine after 2 seconds of watching you, but always keep an eye on the bot, never leave it alone.

On 23/02/2018 at 6:07 PM, Marsbar said:

Pretty much all of the issues you're explaining can be solved (and have) by people, whether that be via a plugin, fightclass or advanced profiles. The problem is finding all of that information, a wiki doesn't exist so you need to do a lot of forum searching.

Unfortunately one of the biggest issues can only be solved in the core:  the performance during combat
I used  both HB and TNB before and ran multiple  WOW+Bot  on one  PC  (i7 6700 @ 4 GHz) with 30 FPS.
But with WRobot as soon as combats starts the FPS drops from 30  to   0.3 - 1  at best.
(yes I tested multiple fight classes with multiple specc)

Also the lack of  pathfinding when flying  can not be added with a plugin  AFAIK.

2 hours ago, marrvin said:

Unfortunately one of the biggest issues can only be solved in the core:  the performance during combat
I used  both HB and TNB before and ran multiple  WOW+Bot  on one  PC  (i7 6700 @ 4 GHz) with 30 FPS.
But with WRobot as soon as combats starts the FPS drops from 30  to   0.3 - 1  at best.
(yes I tested multiple fight classes with multiple specc)

Also the lack of  pathfinding when flying  can not be added with a plugin  AFAIK.

I have not experienced this issue myself. I think this to be an issue on your side. I suggest that you open a Bug Report https://wrobot.eu/bugtracker/ so that Droidz can work to help you fix this problem.