Warmane Lordaeron Bans

I agree it probably is something like this. Now that northdale somehow catches bots, it seems more likely, because with vanilla warden they definitely can't detect wrobot 

42 minutes ago, Matenia said:

I agree it probably is something like this. Now that northdale somehow catches bots, it seems more likely, because with vanilla warden they definitely can't detect wrobot 

Northdale is catching bot ? i just did a 1-50 for a customer the past 2 weeks without ban ?

6 minutes ago, micam said:

Northdale is catching bot ? i just did a 1-50 for a customer the past 2 weeks without ban ?

Lots of people reported bans on discord and Whitekidney bragged about a bot detection framework. This is recent (last 2-3 days). Once we figure out what method they use, we can work around it. 

5 hours ago, happiness7 said:

I think Warmane anty-bot system work very simply. If you watched bots, started in one time - you may have noticed what all chars moves always the same hotspots accurate to 0.1 

So all what need for detect bots - its make "traps" like this:

int BotScore;

if(UnitPlayer.Position.DistanceTo(x111.1, y101.2, z121.2) < 0.1) BotScore ++;

if(UnitPlayer.Position.DistanceTo(x111.1, y101.3 z121.2) < 0.1) BotScore ++;

if(UnitPlayer.Position.DistanceTo(x111.2, y101.3 z121.2) < 0.1) BotScore ++;

if(BotScore >= 1337){   //this boy got 1337 score in last 2 hours
       Logging.Write("One ban for this kid, please");    

youDied();
}

if it is actually this simple, it would be quite easy to find a way around it. First off, it would be even more advisable to make your own profiles with different hotspots/waypoints, and Secondly you could just randomize die waypoint a bit, make it like a 10-20 yard circle/sphere, and every time the bot gets to that waypoint, it chooses a random location in that area. of course, this way the profiles would need to be created more carefully to avoid getting stuck. 

If they indeed have some kind of algorithm that monitors player movement/behavior, I don't think it's this simple. I think it would collect data and run some analytics on it, which would be reviewed by a GM.

4 hours ago, Bodda said:

if it is actually this simple, it would be quite easy to find a way around it. First off, it would be even more advisable to make your own profiles with different hotspots/waypoints, and Secondly you could just randomize die waypoint a bit, make it like a 10-20 yard circle/sphere, and every time the bot gets to that waypoint, it chooses a random location in that area. of course, this way the profiles would need to be created more carefully to avoid getting stuck. 

If they indeed have some kind of algorithm that monitors player movement/behavior, I don't think it's this simple. I think it would collect data and run some analytics on it, which would be reviewed by a GM.

you can make 100 own profiles with different hotspots/waypoints , but path line between big amount of bridges, stairs, and and and... will be same. For example path to druid trainer in Thunder Bluff bridge have one line of path with always static hotspots. Sure you can manualy change it, but spots like that i can imagine >999, and randomize it for each by hands - impossible.

1 minute ago, happiness7 said:

you can make 100 own profiles with different hotspots/waypoints , but path line between big amount of bridges, stairs, and and and... will be same. For example path to druid trainer in Thunder Bluff bridge have one line of path with always static hotspots. Sure you can manualy change it, but spots like that i can imagine >999, and randomize it for each by hands - impossible.

Impossible? No. You could offset each waypoint programmatically, if this truly is the detection method the smoothmove plugin would alter this.

• 3 weeks later...