Quest Editor

reapler

Hello, i'm currently working on a quest editor because the provided one doesn't fit to my imagination.

I wanted to add some custom functions like adding transport step, specific npc using and so on.

It looks like this so far (not fully finished):

questeditor_gui.JPG.62209e48099c2ba89b7361ff37a453c9.JPG

For now i have a few questions of the quests editor window:

quests_gui.JPG.2fa053e63f77d4b723bad2b9680362b7.JPG

-Is it really needed that the marked area to have more than one questid? if yes an example would be useful

-Does the name of the quest affect the common quest product?  Here "quest1 - KillAndLoot".  So far i tested it, only the quest id influence it but i'm not sure if some other function will also need the name

If you have also other ideas for the editor, please leave your suggestions here.

Is it really needed that the marked area to have more than one questid? if yes an example would be useful

I've never encounted a situation where i needed to write more than one ID. But I've only do quest 1-80 for cataclysm + mop, so maybe for legion or vanilla is required but i doubt of it.

Does the name of the quest affect the common quest product?  Here "quest1 - KillAndLoot".  So far i tested it, only the quest id influence it but i'm not sure if some other function will also need the name

Same, so far i've tested, only the id is important.

If you have also other ideas for the editor, please leave your suggestions here.

Hum, the only thing who came to my mind is to make quest profile quicker. When i need to fill the quest form (KillandLoot, Gatherer, ...) Find the creatures, GameObject and click again to set up their position is really annoying.

But I've saw in the dev. tools you enter the id/Name of the creature and that return all the position where the bot find this creature/GameObject.

Maybe there is a way to make a button with ID or Name and click on it to fill up the positions automaticaly?

Anyway great job.

@arkhan Thank you for your response. I have thought already about this option(was also a reason why i started creating it).

But it needs a few offsets for each expansion which couldn't be received via lua but it wouldn't be a big problem except for legion.

Next question, at option "PickUp quest on item id" means explicit the item in bag or does it it also include the gameobject to take the quest from(like a wooden box)?

39 minutes ago, reapler said:

Next question, at option "PickUp quest on item id" means explicit the item in bag or does it it also include the gameobject to take the quest from(like a wooden box)?

"PickUp quest on item id"  = Item is in the bag.

If you are picking up a quest from a game object (wanted poster/wooden box for example) you define the Object like any other quest giver NPC, except you tick "is game object"

On 27.6.2017 at 10:19 PM, reapler said:

@arkhan Thank you for your response. I have thought already about this option(was also a reason why i started creating it).

But it needs a few offsets for each expansion which couldn't be received via lua but it wouldn't be a big problem except for legion.

For private servers you can also go most of the data out of the sql database files. CMangos has them for Vanilla and TBC, Trinity for WotLK etc.

You would just need to include the correct files and read from them.

On 27/06/2017 at 6:53 PM, reapler said:

Hello, i'm currently working on a quest editor because the provided one doesn't fit to my imagination.

I wanted to add some custom functions like adding transport step, specific npc using and so on.

It looks like this so far (not fully finished):

questeditor_gui.JPG.62209e48099c2ba89b7361ff37a453c9.JPG

For now i have a few questions of the quests editor window:

quests_gui.JPG.2fa053e63f77d4b723bad2b9680362b7.JPG

-Is it really needed that the marked area to have more than one questid? if yes an example would be useful

-Does the name of the quest affect the common quest product?  Here "quest1 - KillAndLoot".  So far i tested it, only the quest id influence it but i'm not sure if some other function will also need the name

Hello, seem nice.

And yes sometimes like here https://wrobot.eu/files/file/532-apexis-daily-quests/ or for low level quests ( http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28757/beating-them-back , http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28762/beating-them-back , http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28763/beating-them-back, http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28764/beating-them-back , ...), for the humains he has 1 quest by wow class (but all the quests have same objective), to gain time, you can add all quests id in 1 WRobot quest  (look profile delivred with wrobot for official server). 

@Droidz may i ask you, whether it could maybe dangerous to read offset on official server?(i'm not so familiar with warden)

I'm having offsets to read questid/questname/mouseclick position for 3.3.5a but i have my doubts if it could be detected on official server by memory reading or using cheat engine for example to get offsets.

If you are really interrested in creating a nice quest editor in WPF i could offer my help with it. I still started one but lost the focus since it was damn boring alone. I also could offer some SQL knowledge to parse the informations out of a DB. To get all positions of creatures or npc's is kinda easy and i wrote a c# adapter for it which also can parse the openwow page. This is all stuff i made for fun or to learn some new stuff.

Sample:
Capture.thumb.PNG.1951a950299d85c0b71ba6029610de37.PNG

@iMod I'm glad to hear that you would like to help :)

The sql related stuff would be very interesting since i tried it for another project to iterate merchants with its offered items, but i also lost the focus on it to figure it out ;)

23 hours ago, reapler said:

@Droidz may i ask you, whether it could maybe dangerous to read offset on official server?(i'm not so familiar with warden)

I'm having offsets to read questid/questname/mouseclick position for 3.3.5a but i have my doubts if it could be detected on official server by memory reading or using cheat engine for example to get offsets.

It is safe to read memory, no risk to do that.

46 minutes ago, reapler said:

Next question, at Quests Order Editor it's possible to add a Step with an Action Type "StepName".

What can i do with it?

You can use the name in "GoToStep" (you can also use step number in GoToStep):

WRobot_2017-07-04_15-34-30.png

WRobot_2017-07-04_15-34-59.png

• 1 month later...

A small update from me:

Since i'm almost done with the database, i can continue working on my editor again. But my first design wasn't really good. 

I'm thinking to use a more simpler solution which doesn't require to assign a "Action parameter" at the sorted quests.

In the end each action define a step which are selectable on the bar like this:

Spoiler

questeditor_gui2.JPG.45884410d5bae23778b0c68d9487342f.JPG

By the way, if you have a custom pulse like "KillAndLoot",  "Gatherer" or something else which is often used, you are welcome to post it and i can create a seperate setting gui for it.