Careful with Botting on Netherwing!

All three account names were super unique (FireofKaelthas, bigmantimmy, redditsucks). And all were registered on their individual machine with the VPN active. The only similarity is they all used a throwawayemail address, so that might be the link. I will try again with two different emails from two different companies and see if that helps at all.

I guess other things that might prompt a handcheck is if you have 'mail' turned on. Seeing a few dozen mails full of ore with the exact same title line might seem suspect.

Question to the wise though, since I have been caught once is there anything I should do besides change my VPNs? Or would it be a same time to do them on the same machines.

i use vmware + vpn and always they ban one by one account but i not use any free or cheap vpn i check ip adress and if he is not good i change  to this time i think this work,also have not one pc,for me if they cant detect wrobot always failure is on mine side if they link accounts,one ban is ok  but more than one not:P

11 hours ago, Gunkas said:

All three account names were super unique (FireofKaelthas, bigmantimmy, redditsucks). And all were registered on their individual machine with the VPN active. The only similarity is they all used a throwawayemail address, so that might be the link. I will try again with two different emails from two different companies and see if that helps at all.

I guess other things that might prompt a handcheck is if you have 'mail' turned on. Seeing a few dozen mails full of ore with the exact same title line might seem suspect.

Question to the wise though, since I have been caught once is there anything I should do besides change my VPNs? Or would it be a same time to do them on the same machines.

So you transfered items BETWEEN accounts? Or just to a bank alt on the same account? Because if it's the former, how are you surprised they banned all accounts?

18 hours ago, Gunkas said:

I just lost all 3 of my bots today. ...all on their own VPNs.

Check your VPNs. I bet you are not the only one who use them, thy might be just black listed also.

And don't want to be rude, but any public things is also a bad thing, like profiles. If you want to do this thing serious. If not, and you just want couple higlevels for yourself, then use public things.

Are ppl still sure that they massban on Netherwing? Tried to check it with small amount like 4-5 chars, still nothing happened after week.
And yes, i got ban on that pc, but only one

So I remembered I had my laptop taking and storing screenshots every 2 minutes. Digging into them I found that on one account I was suddenly forced into a party with two people. They said nothing according to the logs, were not visible. Next shot there was like 5 items for roll on my screen and they all timed out, but never disappeared (because they probably weren't real). This all occurred the morning I lost my accounts, so I can say for certain one at least was caught and checked. And of course I avoided ALL mail between the characters, except when I pick my brain a bit I did send one bag from the caught account to the second account two weeks ago. So that explains two of them. 

The last one though I never crossed any information as far as I am aware, and I was present 95% of the time because I was writing and testing the quester. So THAT one I'm still at a loss why it was closed.

The only thing this tells me is I should make a grind bot and set it to mail shit to random, well known, 70s and see what happens. If you had enough bots flooding the mail boxes of random people they may stop taking that as a plausible link between bots. Of course this is a theory and not really something I want to practice, not the type of person to screw over poor randoms leveling and minding their own business.

TL;DR I'm retarded.

Lost one druid at @33 while offline after questing in the Shimmering Flats. Rather undergeared for the level. Bambo's Quester 1-50 and Grinder 1-70 used about 50/50. No mount.

Ban happened approx. 2 hours after being offline.

Different VPNs for each account, no items mailed, 12 hour botting sessions with 6 hour breaks, same machine botting. Bank and other accounts remain intact.

Seems to be player reports or chain dying repeatedly, some other manual detection method. Have another character in the area doing the same quests, and they are still unbanned.

4 hours ago, Amontis said:

Lost one druid at @33 while offline after questing in the Shimmering Flats. Rather undergeared for the level. Bambo's Quester 1-50 and Grinder 1-70 used about 50/50. No mount.

Ban happened approx. 2 hours after being offline.

Different VPNs for each account, no items mailed, 12 hour botting sessions with 6 hour breaks, same machine botting. Bank and other accounts remain intact.

Seems to be player reports or chain dying repeatedly, some other manual detection method. Have another character in the area doing the same quests, and they are still unbanned.

I think Bambo's profiles got flagged... Essentially they found out about the pathing, so any character that attaches themselves to the rail gets flagged

6 hours ago, wookie_cookie said:

I think Bambo's profiles got flagged... Essentially they found out about the pathing, so any character that attaches themselves to the rail gets flagged

Nah, definitely not. Pathing is done by wRobot, not his profiles. His profiles literally only supply a general area for wRobot to search certain mobs or items in. Plus I've used his stuff on several chars on NW and never got banned. 

6 hours ago, wookie_cookie said:

That would mean everyone Who uses my stuff would lose his/her Accounts. Not the case.

6 hours ago, Bambo said:

That would mean everyone Who uses my stuff would lose his/her Accounts. Not the case.

Ah ok. It was just speculation because a couple of buddies and I used your 1-70 profile, resulting in a ban. I appericate what you have done for the community by supplying grinding profiles, gold making plugins, and quester profiles. I guess the way they're catching botters is by community reports or DM'ing GMs on Discord. 

The question is what do we do now? Should we wait for the server to die down a bit to try botting again? As long as we run into the least amount of players while leveling our characters we have the best shot at not receiving a ban

@wookie_cookie

If you are worried about bans, you can always set Wrobot to log off or pause when players are detected nearby. I do think most of my bans have been player reports, as GMs cannot have the time to teleport to every player. Although, they could camp out in a known botting spot, and do tickets/duties while inspecting players that have the misfortune of crossing their path.

As for myself, I will just keep creating accounts as they are free, and to me successful botting (max level) is just a matter of volume ?

Got hit today.

Got 4 warlocks.

Using paid profiles and fightclass.

All different VPNs, all different PCs via HMID spoofer and VM.

?

Time to setup new accounts and go back at it this afternoon.

@Lixion Thanks for the report. I do have a few questions, if you would answer them:

1. What levels were the Warlocks?

2. How long were your botting sessions?

3. Grinding or Questing profiles?

4. What plugins (if any) were you using?

5. Do you have any Security settings enabled? i.e. Close on teleport, AFK on nearby players, etc.

6. Horde or Alliance?

7. Did you create the accounts on the same IP?

Thanks in advance for any information you would be able to provide.

Always Automating,

Amontis

On 3/14/2019 at 9:25 AM, cdtalc said:

an idea would be to mass report random players, that way admin will camp and watch real players ... loosing time .... and get less chance to watch real bot ...

That was pretty much my idea with the mailing thing too. Enough false flags will force them to change their protocol in determining bots.

But of course it might lead to them improving their detections and making even harder to bot. But as it is a private server, unlikely.

Well after getting the last batch caught I've redone my entire plan and have 2 characters in their early 50s with no troubles. I keep their screen projected within line of sight of my main PC so if anything odd happens I can immediately respond. Mixing profiles and reducing grind times to rested exp only so its less obvious, only pulling 6hrs a day. Hopefully vigilance will be key here in a server that is very active in bot hunting.

On 3/14/2019 at 10:52 PM, Amontis said:

@Lixion Thanks for the report. I do have a few questions, if you would answer them:

1. What levels were the Warlocks?

2. How long were your botting sessions?

3. Grinding or Questing profiles?

4. What plugins (if any) were you using?

5. Do you have any Security settings enabled? i.e. Close on teleport, AFK on nearby players, etc.

6. Horde or Alliance?

7. Did you create the accounts on the same IP?

Thanks in advance for any information you would be able to provide.

Always Automating,

Amontis

Questions with some answers:

1. Lock1; 36 Lock2; 42 Lock3; 58, Lock4; 68 (I don't start them all together usually competition over same farming/grinding spots)

2. 24/7 botting. I don't see a reason in breaking it up unless you wanting to protect main account. (free accounts on this server).

3. Questing/Grinding profiles: Bambos 1-70 Horde Grinder & Bambo 1-50 Quester. Highly recommend these profiles. Have some random custom profiles that i've made thrown into the mix for 1-20, 50-60, & material farming. I only use Matenias warlock fight class the Affliction/Demo one, pretty badass fightclass. Just some personal things I'd like to change.

4. I use only Move in combat, HS2Town. Debating buying Human input plugin.

5. Close on Teleport is about the only thing i use. Again these aren't main account bots and gold is sent off them every day so no real security settings.

6. Horde (Always Horde).

7. Different IPs for different PCs. Using VPNs (free & paid), Currently 4 PC setup running 4 clients each. I'm doing this as a hobby which i quite enjoy.

I'm trying to get some party bots going, but I've only managed to get some of the basic stuff to work. Seems to be taking me longer than expected.

Netherwing sure is an odd little server. Any bot I run on Alliance side is subject to a constant witch hunt and needs to be carefully watched most of the time. Feels like every time I turn around someone is following one of my bots and screaming about being a bot until I tell them to fuck off.

Then cut over to my Horde side bot that has been running a pure grinding profile for 73hrs straight and not a single person has so much as said or whispered anything about me being a bot.

Do the Horde just simply not give a fuck about bots? Or do you think its the shear size of barrens and other places that helps them avoid detection? 

It's weird because Horde are far more populace on this server. I've always thought it had to be the zones themselves. The Alliance zones (Elwynn, Westfall, Redridge, Duskwood) always seem a lot smaller, and their mob density is rather poor. That with the addition to (especially Westfall) all the mobs being part of collection quests with extremely low drop rates, you are in direct competition with a lot of players which I think increases your visibility a lot. I've finally had a lot of success on Alliance with this new batch of bots by simply building my own grinder profiles that stay entirely in Kalimdor instead of Eastern Kingdoms. Places like Darkshore are rather large and spread out with very few people questing there because of its shitty distribution.

Compare that to Barrens which is 10-30 zone, absolutely massive and has so many mobs in it you are almost never in direct competition so you aren't pissing people off at ever turn.

So I have come to the conclusion this it really is the server. So as an experiment I made two Alliance and two Horde and ran them non-stop for 48 hours turning off ALL the security features. I reported one of the Horde and Alliance at the same time after this 48 hour non-stop session. Less than two hours after I sent the report email, the Alliance character was spot checked and account closed. The Horde character went about his business undisturbed. About 12 hours later I reported the last Horde and Alliance character. Like the first time, the Alliance character was spot checked in about 2 hours and account closed.

That was 80 hours ago, and both the reported Horde characters have been going non-stop with no logging in or out. So there is definitely something weird about this server, either the GMs don't give a shit about Horde or there were other reports filed against my Alliance characters prior to my own reports. But since they both were spot checked about the same time after I sent the report, it feels unlikely.

you only really get banned if players report you it seems like.

and I belive what classfight you use is also a big factor. for example warriors is really easy to spot meanwhile warlock class and druid almost look human

5 hours ago, jeppe010 said:

and I belive what classfight you use is also a big factor. for example warriors is really easy to spot meanwhile warlock class and druid almost look human

No, they are not. And no, you need like 15 seconds to recognize a bot no matter what fight class it uses. More than that, you don't even need him to fight anything.

On 3/13/2019 at 3:20 AM, Amontis said:

@wookie_cookie

If you are worried about bans, you can always set Wrobot to log off or pause when players are detected nearby. I do think most of my bans have been player reports, as GMs cannot have the time to teleport to every player. Although, they could camp out in a known botting spot, and do tickets/duties while inspecting players that have the misfortune of crossing their path.

As for myself, I will just keep creating accounts as they are free, and to me successful botting (max level) is just a matter of volume ?

i remember old plugin that is turning off when player nearby, or opening a map to make a character looking at map