Downloads become mess

camelot10

@Droidz

downloads section is out of control: full of strange files

- profiles with one hotspot and one mob id

- peoples put it title some wierd text

- peoples dont give a f#$%ck in what category they post files.

- peoples dont want to make simple description, even few words what version\what for this plugin/profile, anyone else should be telepaths or reverse engeneering to understand what for this profile/plugin

- peoples dont use english or some kind of mix with english like "Krugerfugher Legion 100% AFK"

can you please adjust rules for posting in downloads section ?

example:

rule #1: if title is not clear enough/wrong - your post removed

rule #2: if your description is wrong/lazy/stupid/not clear - your post removed

rule #3: if your post in not in english - your post removed (use your native lang on respective subforums)

rule #4: if your profile/plugin is simple, (one spot/quest profile) - your post removed

rule #5: if you cant spent few minutes on screenshot/image - your post removed

rule #6: if you cant spent few seconds to add tags and wow version for your profile/plugin - your post removed. add "fightclass" for fightclasses, "vanila/tbc/wotk", "quester/grinder/gatherer/etc" for profiles, "plugin" for plugins

rule #7: if you cant spent few seconds to check in what category you post your file - your post removed

or not removed, maybe moved to "crap/spam/trash subforum/subcategory"

atm downloads become real mess. 90% of last posts look lazy and stupid. i dont know, maybe they usefull for someone, but not for me. maybe im wrong about that. just my thoughts

I have noticed the trend as well lately. The only rule I wouldn't fully agree with is rule #4 regarding plugins. Sometimes some people are looking for a plugin that serves one single purpose. Otherwise it's a very valid list and I hope Droidz does take a look at it and makes some changes. I once asked Useroffline to put his info in English and they told me to use google translate. That didn't sit well with me. But in the end they added an English translation to the profile and started posting responses in English but didn't change the profile title. 

Guidelines would really be nice. Eventually a posting format like

Profile:

Example: [A] [Grinder] Elwynn Forest - Wolfs around goldshire farm

Being [A] the alliance faction tag. [Grinder]being the botbase tag and then a short description in the title of the profile's function.

As one of those people who uploaded "simple profiles" lately i disagree with you entirely. I don't think the value of a profile is determined by how many Waypoints or MobID's it has. I bought gathering profiles with 100+ Waypoints which got me stucked or killed over and over. If a grinding Profile at a Hotspot with 1 Waypoint and 1 MobID gets you the best amount of outcome i consider it a good profile. I personally use 6-7 profiles i created in less then 10 minutes but they still make between 20.000 Gold and 50.000 Gold per Day. I don't know why people should not upload them just because they are simple. You might say "But everyone can create them on its own" and I agree with you, yet there are a lot of User who can't/don't want/don't have the time or are not aware of the farming spot to create their own profiles. As a User who is doing complex profiles with 15+ Quest I understand that you smile at those profiles. I still think that there are quite some User who are grateful to use the profiles.

15 hours ago, Moonpie said:

As one of those people who uploaded "simple profiles" lately i disagree with you entirely. I don't think the value of a profile is determined by how many Waypoints or MobID's it has. I bought gathering profiles with 100+ Waypoints which got me stucked or killed over and over. If a grinding Profile at a Hotspot with 1 Waypoint and 1 MobID gets you the best amount of outcome i consider it a good profile. I personally use 6-7 profiles i created in less then 10 minutes but they still make between 20.000 Gold and 50.000 Gold per Day. I don't know why people should not upload them just because they are simple. You might say "But everyone can create them on its own" and I agree with you, yet there are a lot of User who can't/don't want/don't have the time or are not aware of the farming spot to create their own profiles. As a User who is doing complex profiles with 15+ Quest I understand that you smile at those profiles. I still think that there are quite some User who are grateful to use the profiles.

and you again

you dont have enought IQ to understand what im talking about.

you posted grinder profile in "custom profiles" section.

1. peoples who dont understand nothing in profiles/programming can't use your profile becouse you posted it in wrong section. "custom profiles" its a "C#" class, similar to plugins

2. peoples who understand a little bit in profiles making can make profile with one hotspot+mob id without your help.

if you feel like im wrong after reading this, read it again. if you feel same after 3 times - there is no hope, todays pharmaceuticals research dont have anything to help with your problems

@camelot10 I know you're passionate about the issue, I do agree with most of what you say, but you need to learn to be a little more tactful and keep the conversation constructive. Believe it or not, you will receive a better response from people when you do.

Just now, Zan said:

@camelot10 I know you're passionate about the issue, I do agree with most of what you say, but you need to learn to be a little more tactful and keep the conversation constructive. Believe it or not, you will receive a better response from people when you do.

i tryed to explain him, he dont understand it. now he come here and dont even read what im posted, again started this "valuable 1 spot profiles 50k/d". this guy dont understand that some peoples hard to start grinder profile, and for some peoples its realy hard to understand difference between profiles types and products, where this profiles must be placed to run with respective wrobot product, what general settings, where product settings and many more wrobot details.

sometimes i have to make few screenshots to guide peoples how to send logs or change setting.

anyway, sorry if i was rude, just got enraged somehow. maybe i should stop playing with fury warrior.

1 hour ago, camelot10 said:

and you again

you dont have enought IQ to understand what im talking about.

Thank god you are open minded and respect other opinions. As hard as it is for me, i guess i have to admit it. My IQ is too low to understand it. Noone knows me better than you do - Mate, to whom i talked twice in my life. Let me assure you that i will never question your opinion again, High Profile Master. I will remain remain humble and silent watching you make the world a better place.

1 hour ago, camelot10 said:

you posted grinder profile in "custom profiles" section.

Kidding aside, thats actually a valid point. I did post my profiles in custom profiles because I used the Create Content Button on the Mainpage and there is only Custom Profiles to choose from. Yet, due to your post i found out how to do it correctly and i will relocate the files right after this post.

I really hope we can bring this argument to a constructive level and put our personal diffrences aside since it became really exhausting and annoying to respond to those comments.

1 minute ago, Moonpie said:

Thank god you are open minded and respect other opinions. As hard as it is for me, i guess i have to admit it. My IQ is too low to understand it. Noone knows me better than you do - Mate, to whom i talked twice in my life. Let me assure you that i will never question your opinion again, High Profile Master. I will remain remain humble and silent watching you make the world a better place.

Kidding aside, thats actually a valid point. I did post my profiles in custom profiles because I used the Create Content Button on the Mainpage and there is only Custom Profiles to choose from. Yet, due to your post i found out how to do it correctly and i will relocate the files right after this post.

I really hope we can bring this argument to a constructive level and put our personal diffrences aside since it became really exhausting and annoying to respond to those comments.

and again. noone care why u posted wrong profile in wrong section. we talk about order, rules and consequences.

we talking about that peoples like you flooded download section with useless/non-informative crap. At this moment i can read/decompile any profile and plugin from this forum and make use of it.

BUT 95% of others users cant understand or use whats peoples submit on last time.

Why? Every "Moonpie" has own reason, and we need to do something with this, thanks my thoughts. At this moment we have small and solid community. 

I can submit 200+ profiles per day, every day for all good spots for farming/gathering. but i understand that this will ruin community and profiles sections.

Everyone who understand how to farm, knows where and how to do it.

Others wrobot amateurs/newbies can use available farm profiles to start use and learn. No need for 200 gathering profiles for Azsuna, 300 gathering profiles for Val'sharah, and 100 skinning profiles for Nagrand. Do you understand?

I somewhat agree-

I think the BC / Wotlk / Vanilla could be added into a single "pre Cata private server" section.  A lot of the Vanilla / BC / WoTLK profiles cross over almost seamlessly since its the same map and mesh's.  This would cut down a lot on the above spam as creators would only have to post in 1 section to get a profile out there.  Would also consolidate reviews and comments.

As said above would need a naming convention [faction][profile type][expansion] profile description.  aka: [H][Quester][BC] Grinder 1-60

The sections need to be redone... and i think the "custom section" is a dumping ground needs to be sorted and profiles moved.

Yea Download section is a pretty mess, you can find nothing if you want to.
In my opinion we should release all profiles in the Forum, with sub categories in the specefic Expansion. like on pirox forum if anyone remebers back in the day. its easylier to maintain and you can see updates alot quicker, at the moment so many bullshit profiles and fightclasses are in the upload section just because you are allowed to just upload without even description and stuff.

Wrath of the Lich king
-- General
-- Support
-- Profiles
--- 1 - 60
--- 60 - 70
--- 70 - 80
--- Gatherer
and so on...

Another thing I've noticed is there is no way for me as moderator to know if a paid profile is approved by Droidz or not. What happent to banning people who release paid profiles without Droidz verifying them? 

Perhaps custom rank which says "Verified WRobot User" if you don't have the rank i could give penalties easier

33 minutes ago, BetterSister said:

Another thing I've noticed is there is no way for me as moderator to know if a paid profile is approved by Droidz or not. What happent to banning people who release paid profiles without Droidz verifying them? 

Perhaps custom rank which says "Verified WRobot User" if you don't have the rank i could give penalties easier

I like this idea - since being approved by Droidz does give somewhat a legit check / reputation i guess as well

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Droidz said:

Hello,

Thank you.

I added rules: https://wrobot.eu/files/submit/?do=submit&category=1

And yes we need to clean download session, do not hesitate to report me bad files, I'll move them in  https://wrobot.eu/files/category/39-old-obsolete/

omagad, you queted me to rules. im crying like baby :)