No navigation In Silithus ( cenarion hold )

• 1 month later...

@Droidz

I confirm this, can you add some meshes to Silithus Cenarion Hold? The bot cannot work in silithus without profile specific vendors to ensure it doesn't try to goto those. Dying is an issue because it can't get back to its corpse due to it running constantly into the hillside of Cenarion Hold.

Ta

@DroidzThere you go. Can you tell me how exactly I can contribute to help you fixing these issues? I even offer you to record offmesh connections / custom paths to leave / enter each NPC / game object individually, if that helps to fix it sooner. Silithus and Searing Gorge are not bottable at all with the current state of path finder, due the bot getting stuck all the time. Do you need video footage? More log files? I rely on both of these zones in my quester, so it's in my very interest to get this stuff finally fixed.

The behavior is identically to the other places I reported over the past days (Silverwing Grove, Thorium Point). Bot is unable to detect huge and solid walls / obstacles. It seems the bot doesn't know they are there at all.

15 Sep 2018 08H56.log.html

15 Sep 2018 09H20.log.html

Edited by FNV316

There a lot places like this, actually. Just Thoradins Wall and Cenarion Hold are the most noticable. You can try to runn the bot in the Hordes Warsong Gulch camp, it will be even more fun. He ignores an entire mountain.. And will ignor almost every tree near it. Places like this are also exist in Dun Morogh, Badlands, Teldrasil, Winterspring, Tanaris and who knows where else.

Also both Thoradins Wall and Cenarion Hold problems were reported many times. It seems like it's more complicated that it seems, so no result yet.

7 minutes ago, Findeh said:

Also both Thoradins Wall and Cenarion Hold problems were reported many times. It seems like it's more complicated that it seems, so no result yet.

I don't buy that. Even if it is impossible to make that with the path finder, why not hard code paths at these locations? Pathfinder is looking for a path to coordinate XYZ within range of area ABC? Use one of the pre made paths that is closest to that coordinate and use path finder to move to the starting location of that pre made path. Need to leave the place? Well, use the closest pre made path leading out again. Need to run to another NPC at the same location? Then join a follow path loop leading to any NPC / object, until players position is closest to his original destination. Similar to how battlegrounds are set up. I mean c'mon. How long does wRobot exist now? Still no solution for this? Not even a workaround? Who cares about bot trains and inefficient routes, if the alternative is the bot slamming his head into a wall for ten minutes straight.

That's why I'm asking what needs to be done. But I refuse to write and support a whole logic for this crap, to allow my other code running as intended. I already did this for the broken taxi system.

I don't expect any random location in the world to be fixed, but at least major hubs have to work properly.

Took an unskilled programmer like me around four hours to fully automate entering Thorium Point, reach any NPC at Thorium Point and leaving Thorium Point, without my bot breaking his nose every other minute. Might be a dirty solution, but it works. Why exactly is this still a thing?

I have no idea why is it a thing. As i sayd, it was reported for years. By me as well.

And as i also said, previously private realms was a secondary project, now it's a main thing, so i guess it should be watched more, at least for those 3 years old bugs.